Flip

George:

If that windshield gets much bigger your top speed will drop to about 50.:D

Which is 50 more than yours will do with stock sewing machine pipes..aH ha That should light him off.. BM I think that windshield is the perfect scale for a giant bike..Crazy Jack

I thought it was parked inside behind a window:p:D Just kidding, nice bike second only to cherry red and New England white:cool:

George:

If that windshield gets much bigger your top speed will drop to about 50.:D

Say what you want gentlemen, but when it is 34 degrees in the mornings and my fat ass sits behind that giant piece of Plexiglas I appreciate the fact that size does matter.

George:

Couple of questions and no puns this time....

I presume that is a Clearview with the integral vent? Is that shield polycarbonate, Plexiglas or Lexan? The reason I'm asking is that I have to replace the shield on the Bonnie and I was going to get one but quite honestly, what I'm most concerned about the scratch factor. Plexiglas normally will scratch easily, polycarbonate can be hard coated whereas Lexan is naturally abrasion resistant. The stock Triumph shields are coated polycarbonate, but you can't purchase a stock shield sans hardware (thanks National Cycle), so an aftermarket shield is the only alternative. So, does it scratch easily? Was/did it mount to your hardware easily and optically, is it easy to look through?

George:

Couple of questions and no puns this time....

I presume that is a Clearview with the integral vent? Is that shield polycarbonate, Plexiglas or Lexan? The reason I'm asking is that I have to replace the shield on the Bonnie and I was going to get one but quite honestly, what I'm most concerned about the scratch factor. Plexiglas normally will scratch easily, polycarbonate can be hard coated whereas Lexan is naturally abrasion resistant. The stock Triumph shields are coated polycarbonate, but you can't purchase a stock shield sans hardware (thanks National Cycle), so an aftermarket shield is the only alternative. So, does it scratch easily? Was/did it mount to your hardware easily and optically, is it easy to look through?

Flipper,

According to the wed-site the shield is made of a High Impact Acrylic Blend Material, is 3/16" inch thick, which is thicker than the stock shield. It appears to be pretty scratch resistant and of excellent quality. Optically, I had to get use to the top lip bend, an option to further cut wind drag, but even wearing a shield with sunglasses the view is unrestricted. In other words, I love my picture window. It was an easy mount using the stock windshield bracing and all the holes lined up perfectly. Go for it, spend some that money you have been burying in Mason jars out in the cow pasture. Here is the link if you need anything further.http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/

Last edited:
Back