Jardine (Buy/Install) Costs?? How Much??

av8r4fun

.040 Over
Hey all,

Was wondering if you would be willing to let me know what you have been paying for Jardine pipe purchase costs and how much for the installation to include any other mods ie.. tunes etc...

A breakdown list would be greatly appreciated.

In advance, thanks a bunch!!!!!!

av8r4fun,

I got a good deal from a local bike shop on my set of Jars. I paid around $800.00 for the pipes and $300.00 for the Power Commander. Install was done in my garage with my computer literate son-in-law loading the program and me turning the wrenches. Watch your quality control on the Jardines, mine were bent where the header joins the pipes and I have read several other posts reporting the same problem. With a two inch piece of rigid pipe and a hammer the problem was corrected. With so few aftermarket systems out there for the R/3 they can get away with it. I still love the sound and the performance is really noticeable with the extra increase in horsepower.

Wow

Sounds like a greedy dealer, excuse me, stealer. I'm figuring the Jars cost the dealer $850.00. He's charging you an additional $295.00 + $75.00. So, he's charging you $370.00 to install something you could install yourself in an afternoon. If his labor rate is indeed 90 bucks an hour, he's charging you 4.11 hours of labor and if you can't put them on in 4 hours, bring it over here. I'll install them for you for 200 bucks. Put another way, he's charging you basically half of what he's paying for the Jars. He might be getting them even cheaper considering the mark-up on bling. Maybe I should start making exhaust systems..............

Lets see, if I can wack a third off the cost of the brake line clamps, I bet I could half the exhaust system. Besides, I'd make it all from stainless. I like that stuff.

I'd buy the system online, install them myself and forgetaboutit.

He's a good dealer allright and you are a good customer too.

Last edited:
Flip... you're forgetting the Power Commander.... So $850 plus $300 (for the PC III) and its $1150. $75 labor to put it on... That's cheap. Sounds like a standup dealer to me...

Thanks guys, I am getting the pipes installed this Saturday. I will give you all updates after install. I have a 200 mile ride home with the new pipes, can't wait. :D

Later.

By the way, if you're spending all this money on Jardines and a PCIII to tune them, you may as well spend another $250 to have the PCIII custom tuned on the dyno as opposed to using the canned tune from DynoJet.

Flip... you're forgetting the Power Commander.... So $850 plus $300 (for the PC III) and its $1150. $75 labor to put it on... That's cheap. Sounds like a standup dealer to me...

I didn't get that the pciii was part of the original poster's quote. He said pipes, install and tune. I would assume (not always a great thing to do) that the dealer will just install a new tune in the stock ECU.

I may have read this wrong, but I agree if it's just pipes then it's too much. My dealer installed the TORs, catbox eliminator kit for $845 total, which included the new download.

Back