zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
I put some NGK iridium plugs into day and it was an instant improvement.
I had the original plugs from new in there and according to the maintenance schedule they are still good till the 48000klm service.
Im currently at 34000klms.

My bike has been stalling 3-4 times when cold for the 1st minute without any thottle ,when its warm its ok.
The bike started up cold ,stalled once and was ok ,so there was an improvement there.
The other area where it has improved ,is when you are coasting at under 2000rpm in low gears.
Before ,it was running slightly uneven and sometimes hesitated when twisting the throttle.
Now the delivery is much smoother.
Its going in for a dyno in the next week or so and Im hoping to get the cold start perfect.

Has the Dyno guy got Tuneboy???

Well thats another story,he has been trying to contact Tuneboy to buy the software without any success. He said he will use the tuneecu and see how we go with that.
I dont know whats going on there at tuneboy but it seems to be a regular problem lately.
Ill keep you informed of my dealings with this guy if you want.

If you have the Tuneboy CD they should be able to load it. The plugs were my first modification in 2007. They're still going strong.

What is the plug type? are they the same for the tourer engine? Does any one know? I wouldnt mind fitting them, have wondered about it but not sure what milage to expect out of them.

I imagine they would be the same plug,NGK IridiumIX DPR8EIX-9 is what I used. Ive heard 100000klms+ quoted .
It says on the packet "Do not adjust spark plug due to extremely fine electrode" I checked mine and they were all spot on

Gidday Zintuff, who is the guy with the dyno, got contact details, I live in Gero and it would be nice if he was up here, and if he has got Tuneboy

Back