Interested in R3R

Ken O.

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Triumph T-Bird Commander
Trying to learn as much as I can about the R3R (good, bad, indifferent) before i pull the trigger. Current owners' opinions/advice appreciated.

GO test ride and pull the trigger. You've got the t.bird ,the Rocket is the next step up.Welcome and enjoy your new Rocket when you get it.

I bought a new leftover 2014 for a mere $13,000. I've got 30,000 of trouble free fabulous riding. There's nothing like it. I've got 2 Harleys which I love, but the Triumph is a real beast that has mild manners until you twist the wick. I dressed it out with Clearview windshield, new grips with throttle assist, front crash bars w/footpegs, hardbags, passenger backrest, Rivco risers, TOR exhaust and tune. I have a great trailer hitch and pull a Timeout Deluxe tent camper with ease. Life is good. The biggest downside is the lack of dealers. I can get new tires mounted at a local dealer who carries Yamaha and Suzuki. The nearest Triumph dealer is at least 100 miles. We had a local Triumph dealer when I bought, but they closed. I love this bike.

Welcome, you won't know until you test one, I'm still breaking mine in, we still have snow, but the roads are getting better of sand and salt. I can't wait to unleash her, riding back from lunch yesterday, a bloak approaches from an on ramp with a collision direction if I didn't move, left side was blocked, so I rolled on the go and sprinted from 70 to 85 in 5th in no time, rampee was a distance behind me when I looked back, and this is stock, I don't think I broke 4 k, actually don't remember. She handles very well, you can feel the low centero of gravity as you go around the turns, very smooth, no snatchyness in the lean over. I haven't had her all the way over yet, just getting to know her, but she's willing:inlove

Hoopla

Hello Ken and welcome from Virginia. I cannot see a single reason why am able bodied person should not ride any Rocket III. I came to it as 27 other rides and now call it my forever bike. Others have chose it as their first bike and can't get enough. Go for it and enjoy!

Back