I'm Your Huckleberry - Rear Tire Dismount and Mount with Mojo Lever

I used the MoJo lever when I changed out the tires on my Goose 1400 Touring and the front of the Rocket but I always carried the rear to the shop. Nice job and I must say the view from your work area is the absolutely beautiful. Makes me really think about getting the hell out of a subdivision and listen to some crickets.....

I must say you made that look real easy. Makes old mate that fits my rear tyre with a proper tyre machine like he is struggling plus he has two helpers !!!
Pat on the back for you sir 👍👍

How do you deal with the balancing the wheel?
I bought from
Email him to get the correct model. The 13.5" rod he recommends, however, was not long enough for my Roadster. I had to re-order a 15" one, I believe.
It sits between two jack stands and has precision cones and bearings that allow the wheel to move with very little resistance.
It's kind of satisfying to do all this yourself.

Just want to put my 2 cents in. I change all my tires. So here are 2 tips I find most helpfull 1). The most important is tire position. The rim is so wide that if you don't have proper position the only way the tire is coming off is to cut it off.
2). Keep the tire in the sun to warm it up{I have an insulated box and use a heat lamp to warm up the rubber so I can do this job in the morning before it gets hot outside).
Remember most of this job is about holding the tire up

Just want to put my 2 cents in. I change all my tires. So here are 2 tips I find most helpfull 1). The most important is tire position. The rim is so wide that if you don't have proper position the only way the tire is coming off is to cut it off.
2). Keep the tire in the sun to warm it up{I have an insulated box and use a heat lamp to warm up the rubber so I can do this job in the morning before it gets hot outside).
Remember most of this job is about holding the tire up

The only way to get them off, the rear especially, is the right way, so I'm not disagreeing with you- just adding to it. What tools are you using, btw?

My last two tire changes (front and back) were this winter, outside in low to mid 40F weather, so it can be done, but you are absolutely right about it being much easier when warm. I at least keep the new tires inside before mounting, although I think they get cold pretty quick once outside.

Proper position is key, but holding up vs. pushing down depends on where you're at in the process, right? I think we'd agree that you're trying to keep the tire in the center of the rim. It's counterintuitive because the tire then sits diagonally, which you'd naturally think would allow it to have less room. Actually, this keeps more of the tire in that sweet spot near the middle of the rim which is smaller in diameter than the outer edges. The rim is somewhat like an hour glass.

So, pull up on the bottom of the tire, but push down on the top (following behind the mounting tool) where the tire is already started on the rim. If you're fighting it too much (like I was in the first video) the tire is not quite in the right position.

Tire lube is your best friend!

Back