Ice track -any advice?

BuffaloR3

.060 Over
Friend of a friend heard I'm a crazy motorcycle rider (people tend to assume things when they hear you ride an R3, totally wrong I swear!) and invited me to come out and take a ride on his ice track racer. I would never refuse such an intriguing offer but I hate being unprepared. Anyone here have any experience on an ice track? Any pointers you could share to help me avoid serious bodily harm would be appreciated.

Ice racing

Theres a lot of ice racing up where I am, Ive watched it a few times and these guys are good.
Theres a lot of technique involved and I know they did not use the brakes at all!
Heres a website of ice racing up in my area.
Canadian Motorcycle Guide Online - Racing

Never tried ice racing, as it is not prevalent here in Texas.

This much seems intuitive, however: Strongly recommend you NOT try the ice racing thing on your Beast. The Beast has many virtues, but we strongly doubt that those virtues will be apparent on the ice track.

Our $.02.

We trudge on.

Friend of a friend heard I'm a crazy motorcycle rider (people tend to assume things when they hear you ride an R3, totally wrong I swear!) and invited me to come out and take a ride on his ice track racer. I would never refuse such an intriguing offer but I hate being unprepared. Anyone here have any experience on an ice track? Any pointers you could share to help me avoid serious bodily harm would be appreciated.
Since I turned to 11 (now 40) i've been out at ice, just take it easy... For sure you will fall but it's not so bad...
Take your time and it will come to you, in my opinion it may be even better more fun than racetrack with RC8...

Guess it will be two wheels with spikes?
Quads are also t fun...
Crazy Finn recommends... :D

Wear about 4 or 5 car tire inner tubes around your midriff and you'll be fine (probably)!

Where about 4 or 5 car tire inner tubes around your midriff and you'll be fine (probably)!

Amen to that suggestion. I'll be hanging around the campfire for this stuff but I guess when half your year is snow and ice ya gotta do somethin when you start on the Molsen's. Like hockey, curling, and last but not least driving down to Florida.

Back