Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
I'm curious if the new seat that Triumph is offering for the Rocket, the one with the backrest for the driver is being made or modified by the company in Akron, Ohio that offers the backrest for the Goldwings or to refit to your seat. It looks just like theirs.

If it is, I certainly hope that if a problem arises, they are easier to deal with than National Cycle, who makes all Triumph windscreens.

I'm curious if the new seat that Triumph is offering for the Rocket, the one with the backrest for the driver is being made or modified by the company in Akron, Ohio that offers the backrest for the Goldwings or to refit to your seat. It looks just like theirs.

If it is, I certainly hope that if a problem arises, they are easier to deal with than National Cycle, who makes all Triumph windscreens.

Flip have you had a problem with your R3 screen or your Bonnie screen?

I have a R3 roadster screen (plexiglass only, no hardware) in great shpae, gathering dust in the pole barn after recently fitting a taller clearview screen.

Regards

Tony

Flip have you had a problem with your R3 screen or your Bonnie screen?

I have a R3 roadster screen (plexiglass only, no hardware) in great shpae, gathering dust in the pole barn after recently fitting a taller clearview screen.

Regards

Tony

Not exactly. As far as the windshields go, they both do an admirable job of keeping me out of the wind (not that I have a lot of hair to get blown around). The mounting points on the T100 screen are craking and I'll eventually replace the screen with a Clearview specific screen simply because when the cracks started a few years ago, National was less than hospitable in their replies to my concerns. Triumph told me to 'take it up with National' and National told me 'to take it up with Triumph'. It's always comforting to deal with companies that stand behind their products.......

My OEM (National) screen on the R3 is just fine for my height. That, coupled with the lowers gives me a nice envelope to ride in. Even in the rain, I only get the tips of my boots wet.

Back