I dont think so........

Since at my Job we are a DOT facility we are required to take the Smith Driving Systems course annually.

After taking this course I started using the 4 second rule which I am now teaching my daughter to do.

The two second rule made sense back when people were a bit more considerate and texting wasn't even invented yet.

[QUOTE="cr0ft, post: 281799, member: 3901"..... when one car slows down, it causes a cascade that bogs the end of the line down completely.....[/QUOTE]

The good ol' "rubber band" effect!! Accumulating reaction times. Same with a close-packed group ride - TEC is continually braking then accelerating, while the leader is simply making small throttle adjustments.

The only critters that can travel close together in harmony seem to be birds, who can fly in large formations and ALL seem to react simultaneously to course changes. Buggered if I know how they do it.......... :thumbsup:

The good ol' "rubber band" effect!! Accumulating reaction times. Same with a close-packed group ride - TEC is continually braking then accelerating, while the leader is simply making small throttle adjustments.

The only critters that can travel close together in harmony seem to be birds, who can fly in large formations and ALL seem to react simultaneously to course changes. Buggered if I know how they do it.......... :thumbsup:
They tweet.

Back