I lost 52 lbs, then stalled for 3 weeks, I just told my buddy last night, I might have to quit drinking to make any further progress.
Chris, when I get serious with a weight loss project I always start with no alcohol for three months, after that I only drink on the weekends. The hell that I’ve been through with Laura’s health the last two years sent me to the drinking every day program and that’s not a good excuse but I let that happen. Was drinking a lot. Whiskey and tequila was like H2O 😵‍💫😵‍💫
That contributed to gaining back 75 of the 87 pounds I lost 7 years ago 😳 it’s not the calories in the alcohol it’s that the alcohol breaks down into sugars that don’t burn for energy, they turn straight to fat. And those sugars cause your A1C to increase leading to diabetes 👎
It’s time for a reboot and I’m more than ready to meet it head on 💪
It helps that I can have the confidence that I know how to do it. Know I CAN do it, albeit harder as you get older
Rock on

Last edited:
Gratuitous dog and food pictures for you.

20211126_184901.jpg
20220111_091420.jpg
Hi there. Nice to make your acquaintance. As I just got here, I didn't miss you one bit...... LOL, I be "Hanging tough" in Ottawa with the "new kids on the block" :). Hey....anyone else see a dog's head in the food pic. (circa; second strip apex)

Hi there. Nice to make your acquaintance. As I just got here, I didn't miss you one bit...... LOL, I be "Hanging tough" in Ottawa with the "new kids on the block" :). Hey....anyone else see a dog's head in the food pic. (circa; second strip apex)
Well howdy G force junkie
Nice to make your acquaintance as well
I wouldn’t have missed me either 🤠

There is NO magic available.
Calories in has to be less than calories out. Period. 3000 calories = 1 pound so if you take in 3000 less calories than you burn in a day you will lose 1 pound that day
Eat a lot of lean protein, mostly fish and chicken
I lost 35lbs in as many days. I noticed that one week or so off all refined sugar products, I stopped having that sweet tooth after I ate. If you really want to make a difference, cut out all sugars, breads, rice, pasta and potatoes. Rely on eggs, veggies, fruit, meat. Soup can be your best friend. Awareness thru calorie counting was key. There are great apps out there that already know the calories of stuff. When I did just have to munch, I kept in all the salty snacks. Nuts, sunflower seeds, popcorn but used portion control. (One bowl, etc).....is that my nose in there....ooops....

Seahorse
I lost 35lbs in as many days. I noticed that one week or so off all refined sugar products, I stopped having that sweet tooth after I ate. If you really want to make a difference, cut out all sugars, breads, rice, pasta and potatoes. Rely on eggs, veggies, fruit, meat. Soup can be your best friend. Awareness thru calorie counting was key. There are great apps out there that already know the calories of stuff. When I did just have to munch, I kept in all the salty snacks. Nuts, sunflower seeds, popcorn but used portion control. (One bowl, etc).....is that my nose in there....ooops....
I used to be able to lose a lb a day when I was working. I've done similar, but being retired ( and older, I'm sure) changed that. And yeah, I haven't eaten sweets in years, and lost all desire for them.

Back