How many digits in the engine number?

It does look like it is supposed to be an F. What is stated on the bike's registration papers? Also, ask the dealer what engine number they have in their records.
The title is from Oregon and the engine number is not on in :( and yes I reached out to the dealership with the VIN number and the partial engine number to get it.

I think you may of been looking at it upside down on your phone, it looks like a J to me
“J980698”
087BE1AF-E338-47E9-8507-12F525AB94AF.jpeg

Yup figured that one out at the dealership :D only vexing item left is that everyone says they should be 3 letters & 4 numbers but on my bike that's clearly not the case.
Ok got confirmation from Triumph my engine number is "special", eg. one letter and six digits.

I got that from the original post. But really what is "special" about this engine ? There has to be something different, not just a number ????
The TFC (Triumph Factory Custom) has titanium inlet valves, for which Triumph lifted its rev limit to 7400 rpm. The 'regular' R/GT engine only does 7000 rpm - which is not exactly a train smash since maximum power is produced at 6700 rpm. And, there were only a limited number of TFCs built, of course.

Back