How many days until battery discharge when rocket3R is not in use

I go buy the recommendations I've known from battery manufacturers for the past 45 some odd years, every month if I don't use it, but over the winter I use a trickle charge, be careful of overcharging too, most chargers are automatic today. If the battery was dead, totally discharged for a month, forget it get a new one, it's toast.
Charge more often in extreme high or low temperature.
How many amps is your bike drawing just sitting key off, no lights on?? Shouldn't even be an amp, should be about 250ma. For the clock.
If it's over that something is shorting out, read how to find shorts, I would start by ungrounding the starter, then the alternator, if you don't know anything about electricity, it will be cheaper to have someone who knows what they are doing, you can really do some damage just by not disconnecting the battery before doing anything.
GL

I don't see why you would not put a bike on a tender if not used over a winter season. I keep all mine connected if not riding weekly. Since I have a few bikes it might be a couple of weeks to a month before one gets riding time. All the new machines, cars, trucks and bike have parasitic draw for various functions. Some models fare worse than others.
My 221 came with the standard pigtail for a battery tender attached (see below). I connect the tender whenever I know that I won’t be riding for a few days or longer due to weather. I’ve done that with all of my bikes.
E2A5040C-D0CF-4FD6-8A9F-03B0DEEF706F.jpeg

My 221 came with the standard pigtail for a battery tender attached (see below). I connect the tender whenever I know that I won’t be riding for a few days or longer due to weather. I’ve done that with all of my bikes.
E2A5040C-D0CF-4FD6-8A9F-03B0DEEF706F.jpeg
You probably already know this Ice but like you I have my 'pigtail' go under the seat. I have it come up under the passenger peg and is hidden when the pegs are up. I give it just enough room that when the pegs are down it won't leave the area and interfere with the passengers feet. I give it just enough room to stay in place but easy to charge. Cheers. 👍

You probably already know this Ice but like you I have my 'pigtail' go under the seat. I have it come up under the passenger peg and is hidden when the pegs are up. I give it just enough room that when the pegs are down it won't leave the area and interfere with the passengers feet. I give it just enough room to stay in place but easy to charge. Cheers. 👍
Good idea, I moved mine under the passenger peg so it’s hidden now.
My first spray wash after 1,700-miles. I put a plastic bag over the TFT before spraying. Then I avoided the handlebar switches and air intakes. 🧼 🪣 😎
2940C5B6-F7FB-4740-97D6-4722624D3B46.jpeg
DF6D5561-7A3F-4923-9278-1BEFA0770773.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,

can someone tell me how long it takes until battery discharges to the point where it only turns on INSTRUMENT DASH but does not kick the starter motor ( battery voltage goes around 8V as compare to 13V ) when the bike is not in use at all?

10days? 20days? 40days?

Thankyou
Please refer to this thread for battery consumption on Rocket 2020 +

Hi,

can someone tell me how long it takes until battery discharges to the point where it only turns on INSTRUMENT DASH but does not kick the starter motor ( battery voltage goes around 8V as compare to 13V ) when the bike is not in use at all?

10days? 20days? 40days?

Edit :
Please check this thread for battery current consumption information

Buy a battery tender and leave the bike hooked up to it when you're not using it. They come with a lead that you bolt to the battery terminals, leaving a tail hanging out the side of the seat or wherever. You plug easily into that. You'll double or more your battery life doing this. You'll kill your battery letting it go flat often. 🇦🇺

Back