How many days until battery discharge when rocket3R is not in use

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hi,

can someone tell me how long it takes until battery discharges to the point where it only turns on INSTRUMENT DASH but does not kick the starter motor ( battery voltage goes around 8V as compare to 13V ) when the bike is not in use at all?

10days? 20days? 40days?

Edit :
Please check this thread for battery current consumption information

Last edited:
Howdy,

In my experience, your mileage may vary. Length of time sitting, age, brand, and condition of your battery will play a role in how long it takes to drain your battery. A newer battery in excellent condition should easily fire your bike up with no issues even after 60+ days of sitting. Temperature also can affect the discharge of a sitting battery.

So it's hard to say friend. A good battery should not die in any of the above stated times. If you're talking about a 2022 Rocket, I am shocked the battery is dead already.

The manual addresses weekly voltage checks to not allow it to drop below 12.7 volts. Then it states damage from a sulfated battery allowed to discharge is not covered. Sounds like a battery tender type charger is needed if not ridden weekly.
ahh I missed it somehow, okay makes sense if they ask to check every week

I don't see why you would not put a bike on a tender if not used over a winter season. I keep all mine connected if not riding weekly. Since I have a few bikes it might be a couple of weeks to a month before one gets riding time. All the new machines, cars, trucks and bike have parasitic draw for various functions. Some models fare worse than others.

021-0134-DL-WH.BatteryTender.01.Front1.jpg

Back