how cold are you??

och2pot

.040 Over
As it's winter here and nae verra warm oot, in fact minus 18 deg C tonight with 30cm or a foot of snow outside, I thought it might be interesting to see where else it's cold . Poor bike is put to bed in the shed with only a dustsheet to keep it warm till march, but after 6500miles since April it's had some fun this year.
So how cold is where you are?
And no gloating from you guys where it's 30deg C and sunny.......

cheers

Not gloating, but the weather man says it's going to be a bit toasty today...78 F. My daughter is doing a semester abroad in Madrid and went to Ireland over the weekend. She had some very scenic pictures of the snow there, so I feel your chill!!

Forecast -10 for tonight here in Cheshire, snow is stopping me going out but only because I can't get out onto the main roads. Still I think that after tonight all our roads are going to be icy so I guess the beast will have to stay put for a few weeks yet, unless we get lucky.Myself/son & 2 mates were supposed to have the bikes treated this weekend with ACV50 but bikes can't get hear & the dealer can't get to me from Yorkshire,will have to wait but with the salt on the roads it's worth it.

weird weather

Och2pot, you guys over in Scotland are getting some weird weather, normally its us here in Canada that gets the snow and deep freeze.
we,ve had some snow but only a few cm and temps are going down to -4C tonite.
This is normal for us, its later in Jan and Feb where we get our -20 to -30C temps.
Just cosy up to a nice fire and have a scotch and everthing will be fine.
Britain's big freeze continues, more misery for air travellers - The Weather Network
for those of you in USA not metric savvy -20C is equal to -4F

Very little snow in Central New York. A bit chilly about 25F at night. But our winter is late this year. When all is said and done we will get about 6-10ft of snow between December and March. Temps will range from -5f to 20f. We get whats called lake effect snow in my region. This is where the lake is warmer than the air and the moisture gets sucked up into the atmosphere than dumps over land when it equalizes!
Now sometimes we get the cold chilly air from Canada that can dip temperatures
down to -10f to -25f sometimes colder!!!!! Hopefully that wont happen this year!

Buffalo NY just got 20 inches of snow or 51cm for you blokes across the pond and our neighbors to the north. Buffalo is 3 hours south west of where I live. Happy Winter :D

mutt

Average high temp forecast for the next ten days here in Maine is less than 32F, or 0C. Five of those days we can expect snow to snow showers or something similar. In January we usually expect a few days where the two thermometers equal out at -40 F&C. A few years back, there were 5 days in january when the temp actually climbed above zero F.:eek:

Back