How about a wider rear tire? Anyone?

aviation1972

aviation1972
Has anyone ever tried putting a wider rear tire on the R3 Touring? I was recently told, there's enough room for a 200 series tire on the rear. Just curious. Would there be any advantage? How about bad effects?

I run a 200 Avon Cobra on the rear, they had to let the air out to get it on, but no problems. Cobra on the front gives you a little quicker turn in than the Metz, but when I went from 180 to 200 on rear, basically canceled it out. Noticed the longer roll over distance of the 200 the first day, then forgot and never noticed it again. I only did it for more traction, as the 240 hp breaks the rear loose pretty easy. Not a bad thing, necessarily. :D

240hp..? Wow! How did you manage that? And, how much torque accompanies that horsepower? Funny you should mention Avon Cobras. I just put a set on my R3T earlier this week, ( my first set of new tires, since buying my Rocket ). I only have 7,500 miles on my 2013 R3T, but my Metzeler 880 Marathons were shot. All "cupped" and stuff. Some folks have told me, the Avons won't give me high mileage either, before my next tire change. That's fine with me. The Metzeler 880 Marathons didn't give me much. Not even 8,000 miles. I'm confident, I'll have plenty of grip from my Avons, no matter how much, ( or how little mileage), they give me.

Back