You will love the Corbin beetle bags
I love mine and they are built to last they survived the death of my 05 and with a little sanding and epoxy and new paint look good on my 08
As for slowing down and taking it easy
Easier said then done
I told myself I'd take easy with this bike as I was quite the hooligan on my 05
Well I haven't seen 145 yet on my 08
But the front wheel is rarely on the ground during take off :D
The torque is so addicting

Mac...what part of The Great Lone Star State are you in? There will be a bunch of us headed down to Leaky for beer, BBQ and a few days of abusing three twisted sisters. Any interest?

Mac...what part of The Great Lone Star State are you in? There will be a bunch of us headed down to Leaky for beer, BBQ and a few days of abusing three twisted sisters. Any interest?
El Paso, otherwise I'd take you up on that. But I'm planning to move back to the Hill Country soon, (main reason I bought the bike). When I get there, maybe I can meet up with some of you TX riders.

Woot! What a monster.

God help me stay out of trouble with this Beast.

Can I be in the club now? :D

First ride impressions:

Wow! This bike's got some balls. Shocking to realize that a dude my size has to lean over the **** tank to keep the front wheel on the ground doing roll on WOT in 2nd (forget about 1st, ain't even gonna go there...) That's just insane. There's too much metal and my fat ass on top of it for this bike to be acting like it wants to do wheelies. So the answer to the question, does it have enough power? YES!!! Do I need more? NO!!!

I think I'll be keeping the engine stock on this one. It has WAY more power than I need for cruising (can do that on 25% of the power it has) but enough to let you know this thing can get you in trouble, and bite your ass, if you f*ck around too much. It's not in the hard to ride scary bike catagory (no fun), but DEFINITELY gots huge powah-fo-yo-ass, on tap any time you want it. Very nice. I'm a happy guy. Roll-ons to WOT and all the way to redline leave NOTHING to be desired. (except not having to lean on the tank to keep it from going vertical. :eek:)

Awesome. :D

First ride impressions:

Wow! This bike's got some balls. Shocking to realize that a dude my size has to lean over the **** tank to keep the front wheel on the ground doing roll on WOT in 2nd (forget about 1st, ain't even gonna go there...) That's just insane. There's too much metal and my fat ass on top of it for this bike to be acting like it wants to do wheelies. So the answer to the question, does it have enough power? YES!!! Do I need more? NO!!! Do I want more? Hell Yeah!!!!!

I think I'll be keeping the engine stock on this one. It has WAY more power than I need for cruising (can do that on 25% of the power it has) but enough to let you know this thing can get you in trouble, and bite your ass, if you f*ck around too much. It's not in the hard to ride scary bike catagory (no fun), but DEFINITELY gots huge powah-fo-yo-ass, on tap any time you want it. Very nice. I'm a happy guy. Roll-ons to WOT and all the way to redline leave NOTHING to be desired. (except not having to lean on the tank to keep it from going vertical. :eek:)

Awesome. :D
Made a slight adjustment for you left a couple of words out, and believe me after a few months of taming the beast and learning to take of hard without snapping your neck or leave black line whilst looking at the sky you Too will be saying "Mmmmm how much more can I get out of her":D

"Need"? :confused: You don't "need" more power. :confused::confused: Sorry, not with you. :confused:

Made a slight adjustment for you left a couple of words out, and believe me after a few months of taming the beast and learning to take of hard without snapping your neck or leave black line whilst looking at the sky you Too will be saying "Mmmmm how much more can I get out of her":D

LOL Guys I'm gonna have to puss out. My hat's off to you, with the hopped up Rockets! But I don't need to go faster than 80-90mph EVER. The only thing more power can do in my mind is keep it pulling harder past that, and make it scarier/touchier to ride below that, neither of which I need or want to deal with. I'm pretty beat up from a little ol' 50mph spill. Changed my whole way of thinking. I'm fine with this level of power. "A man has got to know his limitations." :D

Back