go for it do not wait ...............somebody may have thought about the same pitch and beat you to the punch

I think I'm gonna have to do this. I might have tried to drive a harder bargain, but I'm splitting the difference between invoice and MSRP, and those people gotta make some money same as anyone. At $14K, TT&L works out to something like $1300, not counting destination charge. But I'm only going to pay $1K for TT&L, and they will deliver it to my house, so I don't have to drive the bastard 12 miles through town to get it home. I can hit the open HWY about a mile from my house and break it in right from mile one.

Ok, I done it. Can I join the club now? :D

Should take delivery Wed. Ordered the Corbin beetle bags and a the fleetliner fairing (OUCH!!) Grrr.... I know if I gave myself too long to think about that, I might find a way to cheap out. And if this is gonna be a bagger, it's gotta look right, and badass. No floppy bags, or cheapo funky windshield. Should get those in a month or so. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep the cold wind from finding every hole in my gear in the winter and push the bugs up over my helmet. Helmet yes... ordered maybe the ugliest helmet in the world, . But it's open on the bottom so it won't fog up as much, and it's got a flip down sun visor so I can wear my glasses behind that, and I'm good for day or night riding.

My last helmet was a shoei X-eleven. Really made a believer of me. The J-Cruise is ugly, but the ugly comes off, and I think I would be a lot more ugly, after sliding down the road on my face.

J-Cruise

Old X-Eleven :(

Congratulations on the bike. I'm sure you won't regret it.
J Cruise helmet fits in the category of scooter helmet here, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Will say there's no way it would have stood up the way your X1100 did. If it's only fogging you're worried about, a Shoei photochromatic fog free insert for a full face helmet will cost around $50 - and they work. Plus you get to keep your chin if you have an off like your previous one. ;)

J Cruise helmet fits in the category of scooter helmet here, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Will say there's no way it would have stood up the way your X1100 did. If it's only fogging you're worried about, a Shoei photochromatic fog free insert for a full face helmet will cost around $50 - and they work. Plus you get to keep your chin if you have an off like your previous one. ;)

Thanks.

Yeah I don't like that my chin is unprotected. Clearly the X-eleven saved may bacon in that regard. Problem is I didn't like to put that lid on, and I didn't ride with it sometimes because of it. Too stuffy (even with the awesome ventilation compared to other helmets) and just a pain to squeeze on, and hot as hell in the summer. I'm hoping the J-Cruise is more comfortable and easier to live with = I ride with it on ALL the time. Also the sun visor is a huge plus. If I don't like it or decide I need more protection I can always send it back and and get the Neotec, which also has a sun visor.

Holy cow my friend, throw your leg over the beast and you shall never be the same. I lost my baby about a month ago due to my own stupidity, make no mistake I cant replace her quick enough. Replace is probably a poor choice of words because of the miles, looks and memories we shared. She never ever let me down, I failed her.

Next week starts new memories, miles and adventure. Pull along side another group of bikes and see where people flock. I promise they will most likely surround the beast like mosquitoes at a blood drive! Twist the throttle and hang on!

Welcome!

Ride hard ride safe!

Holy cow my friend, throw your leg over the beast and you shall never be the same. I lost my baby about a month ago due to my own stupidity, make no mistake I cant replace her quick enough. Replace is probably a poor choice of words because of the miles, looks and memories we shared. She never ever let me down, I failed her.

Next week starts new memories, miles and adventure. Pull along side another group of bikes and see where people flock. I promise they will most likely surround the beast like mosquitoes at a blood drive! Twist the throttle and hang on!

Welcome!

Ride hard ride safe!

Wow, glad to hear you'll be back on the horse that soon. Sh*t happens on a bike sometimes. If I had been going with the flow of traffic, instead of trying to get around it, (which is all too easy on a ZX14,) I'd probably still have it. Losing the bike was one thing, the toll it took on me was far worse. I honestly thought I would never ride again. (easy to think when walking and standing makes your head explode from nerve pain) Rest assured it's gonna be a WHOLE different deal this time. Laid back and going with the flow when I have to be in traffic. But I'll open her up a bit more out in the country away from the cagers.

The M109r was a pretty quick bike, for a cruiser. But this thing flat stomps the crap out of it from the numbers alone. Can't wait to see what it actually feels like.

Macshooter, I agree with Canberra, a full face gives a lot more protection.

Not sure about motorcycle helmets, but my snowmobile helmet has a heated shield that keeps it from fogging up. Might be something else to look into.

Back