Here I am again...

greenbaron

.060 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Well, I posted my transmission trouble back in DEC... it took me this long to get a trailer :( so, for the first time in its life, my '05RIII can be hauled to a dealer. I have been thru 3 dealers since 2001, all 3 losing their Triumph "franchise" along the way, and now the 4th has just advised me their long-time mechanic has quit. So while they will replace him sometime soon they say, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I have been thru 4 dealers. My bike at about 25K miles has paint can rattle (always has, actually, but it has never been a problem I've been aware of) and now won't downshift below 4th (unless I am going downhill and can let the engine cause deceleration prior to attempting the downshift). Plus I see that there are some service recalls on the bike, don't know what, but the last dealer that had the bike didn't look them up... and the Triumph site won't tell me...
So, here I am again, wondering where I should go for service. Who are the committed and knowledgeable Triumph dealers in the VA, TN, NC area? See I'm all trailered up with nowhere to go.......
I saw recently that Ray Price HD has picked them up. Hmmm...

I know, I am not a very good forum participant.... mostly show up only when I'm having problems! which fortunately has not been often, but this one has me almost beat. I cannot believe my Rocket has been sitting for this long. It was a hellish winter here- as I know you know. It's really been just 3 weeks since I've been able to get to pavement on the little bike. And at first I was still having to ride inbetween ice patches to do it. Somebody better do something to get that jet stream back on track, because I can't take another winter like this one!
Yes, Winchester could be an option. I take it then that they would come highly recommended by you?
here's to spring :bch:

Clinton Cycles in MD is really good. They just did the torsion bearing replacement for me, dealer paid.

Tim

Winchester did a good job on my paintcan rattle. They also did a major rebuild on Bobby K's (Lynchburg) Roc that seemed to work out fine. The young mechanic there, Matt, seems to know his stuff.

I've been to Clinton Cycles a few times and they are a much larger dealer. They should be able to handle any issues as well.

So, here I am again, wondering where I should go for service. Who are the committed and knowledgeable Triumph dealers in the VA, TN, NC area? See I'm all trailered up with nowhere to go.......
I saw recently that Ray Price HD has picked them up. Hmmm...

Try these guys in Greensboro, NC
North Carolina, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, motorcycle, scooter, dealer, Carolina Euro

I used to use Capitol BMW in Raleigh but they dropped their triumphs.

You might send WilburT a PM and ask him who he uses, he's in Carthage, NC.

I took my Rocket for the 10,000 mile service to Winchester in December. Matt is no longer at Winchester full time, just here and there. The full time mechanic there Roger is pretty knowledgable, but I had trouble getting them to do the service at the quoted price. I had a TPS issue (Bike running waay rich) that apparently needed adjustment, I thought it should be covered by warranty or service, they wanted to charge for diagnosis and adjustment. I think after talking to D&D in Norfork, I will give them a try if I need anything else done. I stopped by the dealer in Greensboro when I was down there, I couldn't half understand the service manager (accent), they were too busy to look at it and didn't seem to have much focus on the Triumph line at all. Hope this helps...

Just bite the bullet and take it to the BEST Rocket mechanic on this continent.
That'd be Gus at Baxters in Marne, Iowa.
They'll fight for you, and you WON'T have to take it back.

Thanks for all the input. Agree with the comment on the g'boro dealer as far as their focus not being on Triumph. They are the one's looking for a new Triumph mechanic presently, thus my first post. The guy who sold me my RIII Bill of Lynchburg recommended Winchester as well... I still haven't written off the new Triumph dealer in Raleigh though. I mean, Triumph should be really thrilled to have these guys, Ray Price is huge in Raleigh, maybe some extra motivation on all sides... and that location is probably the most convenient for me...
Iowa, hm..... a 17 hour drive from here. Wow. Hmm... maybe I'll think about it! I mean, it would certainly be a nice ride back...
so how does one get a motorcycle shipped out there I wonder. well I guess if I get serious about it, they could help me there. would be kind of a bummer though if I didn't get to use my new trailer! :D

New England anyone?

Is there anyone else here from Maine but me? We have one Triumph dealership, way 2 1/2 hours south of me... the next in Mass I believe. Anyone ever been to Street Cycles in Falmouth Maine? They deserve a trip down just to looky see what they're up to, I think.

Back