Hepco and Becker bags

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
How good are these? They are on my short list, and the price I've got so far is $620 for the bags and $240 for the mounting brackets. I've heard they are very good quality, just thought I'd ask for any personal for's or againsts opinions on these bags.
Thanks,
Dennis

I personally don't have these bags as I have Triumph's leather pannier kit but if I had to do it all over again this is the route I would have taken. They are cheaper than the Corbin's, look as good as any leather pannier kit and are lockable. If you get the quick removal system then you are good to go!

VonBonds

When you say lockable, do you mean the lid, or the inside fastening system to the mounting bracket?
Thanks,
Dennis

hideous???

Mtnman, I think vonbonds was probably talking about the "Buffalo" bag, it says they are lockable, but as I mentioned to vonbonds, I wasn't sure if that meant the mounting system or the actual access lid to the bag. The site is very vague on any info other than the capacity.
I looked at the "hard" luggage they offer, and if that was what you were referring to, I can probably come to an agreement with you on that...I was thinking more of the "Buffalo" bag type set up just not sure about the "lockable" part...what it applies to.
Thanks,
Dennis

OK, I went and looked at the "Buffalo" Bags, Much nicer. They look OK but there still leather, lots of upkeep to keep them nice. This morning when I looked at the Hepco and Becker web site all I saw was the Samsonite lookin' stuff, to Euro for me. I still say cringe and pay the price for Corbin Bettle Bags, you won't be sorry.

Back