Help Needed For A Good Cause

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
DGR_Official_Registered_Logo.png

The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride unites classic and vintage style motorcycle riders all over the world to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer research and men’s mental health.

September 29th I'm riding the '98 Thunderbird Sport in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride held in Asheville, NC.

@Kevin frazier, who shared with me that he lost his brother to cancer, has already started the ball rolling with a $104 donation to my page. We both hope to see the members here who can join us in supporting this important cause.

There are several ways to donate. Go to my page (remember all the money goes straight to DGR, not to me) at...

DGR/Blake Madden

or better yet the team page I created where you can donate or join and ride at...

DGR/R3Owners. I have set a community goal of $3,000.

If you don't like using a credit card online, there is a mail in form you can use (attached).

2019_DGR_Movember_Cheque_Form.png

This will be my fourth DGR and is the only charity ride I've ever done. It's a very unique and fun event and it is sponsored by Triumph.

Last edited:
Lot of guys here approaching prostate age, carma is good for the soul, I really hope this thread takes off and someone is helped. Thanks for riding for all of us that can’t and think of Dave one time when you are, he loved his motorcycle and doing iron arse rides, used to be so excited to call me up and say junior we ran 800 today, I was like WHY lol, I really miss my big brother, my dad was an alcoholic and died early, Dave had to become my dad, 10 year age difference and he accepted the challenge, he loved me. I’m the baby, thanks again Blake for giving of your time and heart.

Lot of guys here approaching prostate age, carma is good for the soul, I really hope this thread takes off and someone is helped. Thanks for riding for all of us that can’t and think of Dave one time when you are, he loved his motorcycle and doing iron arse rides, used to be so excited to call me up and say junior we ran 800 today, I was like WHY lol, I really miss my big brother, my dad was an alcoholic and died early, Dave had to become my dad, 10 year age difference and he accepted the challenge, he loved me. I’m the baby, thanks again Blake for giving of your time and heart.

I am truly honored, sir.

AWESOME! I've ridden the DGR and raised some funds in Las Vegas and now that I'm stateside, if I have my girl back by then (she's at a friends parents house until we finish our move)... I'm signed up for the Miami DGR run. A great ride for a great cause... :ninja:
-MIG

AWESOME! I've ridden the DGR and raised some funds in Las Vegas and now that I'm stateside, if I have my girl back by then (she's at a friends parents house until we finish our move)... I'm signed up for the Miami DGR run. A great ride for a great cause... :ninja:
-MIG
Let us know, I would love to sponsor you

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-10_18-23-31.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-10_18-23-31.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 2
There is something similar available in the UK called the DIGBY. (By Triumph).

I just scored a similar Jacket from KNOX. (warning their sizes are on the "close" side.)

-MIG

I hope you get to ride. If so, consider joining the

DGR/R3Owners team

as a way of seeing what our members can raise together.

9sv11kwps740sg4.jpg

Here ya go, last one and size right too for most Captains XXXL ;):D

A bargain, look smart and make sure the donation occurs.

The removable CE certified D3o® protectors – shoulder, elbow and back would be worth nearly that alone.

Item location:
Cardiff, United Kingdom so freight/post might be nasty for us colonials.:(
hey say sell worldwide but I was blocked so it looks like someone else will be the equally best dressed on the day;)
I am a jacket nut but have about 20 already.
UK eBay
Triumph Digby DGR Waterproof Armoured Motorcycle Tweed Jacket MTHA16565 | eBay

USA eBay

Aussie eBay

Triumph Digby DGR Waterproof Tweed Jacket MTHA16565

In conjunction with The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride, Triumph has produced the Digby jacket. This jacket emphasises that Triumph is distinctive, authentic and cool.
WAS £499 NOW £182.99

With every jacket purchased a donation will be made to the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. For more information on the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride

• Wool tweed woven in Great Britain
  • Internal reinforced fabric layers
  • Removable CE certified D3o® protectors – shoulder, elbow and back
  • TriTex waterproof, windproof and breathable Z-liner
  • Leather trim detail
  • Action Back for a comfortable fit whilst riding
  • Removable thermal liner with Union Flag print
  • Supplied in a Triumph branded garment bag
  • Collar can be fastened either using the buckle or the magnet

Back