Help me understand

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Why all the mods to make the beast more powerful than it already is??:confused:
i see guys doing all kinds of things and spending all kinds of money to gain a few horses but,,why?? is not a honda rebel 250.
Mine is fast and quick enough from the factory, the only reason i changed the pipes was to match the noise with the performance of the bike:D, sooooooo,,, am i an exeption to the rules???

Obviously you're not an old hot rodder or muscle car fanatic. The Rocket is a big-block muscle car motor tamed down for public consumption. If I ever do a big mod it will probably be the Carpenter racing kit with higher compression pistons and new cams.. :)

I'm probably an exception, too, I'm a believer in factory stock, especially on older bikes and cars, as far as holding value and reliability. I really don't plan on modding my R3T, just adding a top box, trailer hitch, and plugs for heated gear and accessories. I must admit though, if I ever have the money, I'd love to pick up a classic, standard, or roadster, and add the Carpenter kit, and have a "second" Rocket, LOL.

Mine is still bone stock after 6 years of ownership. Hot rods make lousy touring bikes, but make for a great second bike. I just don't want to hear the noise on a long trip, and worry about breaking the tire loose in the rain.

Back