New 2018 R3R owner. British National, Arizona resident. On the thread Re: New Rocket Prices, I picked up one of the sale bikes from National Powersports for the too good to be true price of $11,999. The sale process took longer than expected - signed the deal July 5th, bike was handed over to Haulbikes on July 27th, delivered to Phoenix August 8th.

The paperwork showed 7 miles on the bike so I figured it may have been demo'd. The bike showed up with 13 miles on it. The dealer mentioned the rear fender was dented and had to be replaced - the additional miles were to ensure there was no rattle or fitment issues.

Upon first ride, the temperature and check engine lights were on. It had to go to my local dealer today - tow at my cost. The bike has a faulty temperature sensor, which is covered under warranty but will take several days for the part to show up from Triumph.

I'm clearly anxious to ride this thing and am pretty frustrated missing out on a long ride this past weekend, and possibly next. The dealer insists the bike passed the assembly checklist - I'm skeptical.

I'm happy with the reduced price but part of me honestly wishes I'd gone local. The may change once I'm riding.

Good to be here.
Brazzer
Hi and welcome from United Kingdom

So the bike has been at my local dealer (GOAZ Scottsdale) since the 15th, and after speaking with them several times over the past two weeks, the story is the warranty part (temp sensor) from Triumph takes 7-10 days to be delivered. We're past that now, and from what I'm being told, there is no tracking information on an "auto-ship" from them for warranty replacement parts. I'm calling BS on that while trying to be patient. I'm struggling given the bike's been gone practically since the minute it was delivered - outside of a 3 mile ride which alerted me to the fault.

Is this common with Triumph and warranty replacement parts? I'm seriously wanting to get the bike back for the holiday weekend!

So the bike has been at my local dealer (GOAZ Scottsdale) since the 15th, and after speaking with them several times over the past two weeks, the story is the warranty part (temp sensor) from Triumph takes 7-10 days to be delivered. We're past that now, and from what I'm being told, there is no tracking information on an "auto-ship" from them for warranty replacement parts. I'm calling BS on that while trying to be patient. I'm struggling given the bike's been gone practically since the minute it was delivered - outside of a 3 mile ride which alerted me to the fault.

Is this common with Triumph and warranty replacement parts? I'm seriously wanting to get the bike back for the holiday weekend!

Welcome from New Jersey,
Temp sensor not to common only a handful of issues reported!! The parts delivery system is slow from corporate and most dealers are not much better.
Good luck with your new ride. Once you get her sorted she’ll be fine!!

Hi Brazzer, Welcome from exotic Idaho. Be patient with the warranty repair. YES triumph is slow to respond with approving and getting parts. Fortunately few will be needed. Riding your Rocket will be the most fun you can have with a helmet on. Enjoy her and with the money you saved on the purchase, spend some cash on some nice mods.

Back