Hello from London, England

Either of these could apply, but I couldn't readily find your traditional English Union flag & none other than for Sweden with the bouncing boobies!?

... I couldn't readily find your traditional English Union flag ....

That's because there is no such thing as the ENGLISH Union Flag - the Union Flag is the Flag of the United Kingdom, not England.
We Scots (& I'm sure the Welsh & Irish) take objection to 'England' being used for either 'United Kingdom' or 'Britain'.

Well, DeCosse, there is such a thing as the Union flag which most Americans recognize or identify as the flag of Great Britain or The United Kingdom. BTW, it's only called the Union Jack, legitimately, if it's flying on a vessel. I'll refrain from commenting on your ethnic cultural turf wars.:rolleyes::whitstling:

My objection was not to calling it the Union Flag - it was describing it as the ENGLISH Union Flag :D

Most Americans (& frankly the ENGLISH too!) tend to use England as an all-encompassing term for Britain or United Kingdom and it pisses me right off.
i.e. The *Queen of 'England'; the 'English' Parliament etc .........
I am British but will never, ever, ever be English.

*The Queen is the The Queen of United Kingdom and The Commonwealth
Specifically Queen of United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and Head of the Commonwealth

Last edited:
Whatever, DEc. No insult intended and I simply used one word inappropriately. The rest is on you and your quarrelsome brethren.:banghead:

Whatever, DEc. No insult intended and I simply used one word inappropriately. The rest is on you and your quarrelsome brethren.:banghead:
Haha I did notice the slip but didn't comment to avoid embarrassment. The Scots on the other hand are a bit more fiery ;)

In other news, I rode around the edge of Scotland last summer. What a beautiful country!

That's because there is no such thing as the ENGLISH Union Flag - the Union Flag is the Flag of the United Kingdom, not England.
We Scots (& I'm sure the Welsh & Irish) take objection to 'England' being used for either 'United Kingdom' or 'Britain'.

As you probably know it is like beating a dead horse trying to explain the flag or even the make up of the UK, now as you are from Dunfermline(old capital of Scotland) I know you have a decent education and as you know Wales is a principality and has no represendation in the make up of the Union Jack/Flag call it what you want both are perfectly acceptable.

As you probably know it is like beating a dead horse trying to explain the flag or even the make up of the UK, now as you are from Dunfermline(old capital of Scotland) I know you have a decent education and as you know Wales is a principality and has no represendation in the make up of the Union Jack/Flag call it what you want both are perfectly acceptable.

I like the flag but I do think a dragon across the front would be the cherry on top

Back