Hello from Lithuania

Can you give bit more detail to it @barbagris ?
By the way read almost all TuneECU forum section, but did not find anywhere about it
Think about this. TuneECU is a way to remap the ECU to how you want it to be in each gear. I tune for smooth not power - and it is a great tool.

The resistor mod is a "bodge" to convince the ECU it is always in the same gear. This may not actually be the best thing.
If you feel TuneECU is beyond your comprehension (and for many it is - we are not all automotive engineers) then consider the Healtech devices.
This is basically the resistor mod but with various options and is reversible - instantly. Personally I would not bother.

Having previously used the Healtech and also had the undertank filter - my advice is DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. An undertank filter DOES let sightly more air in - but the major restriction is between the inner and outer plenums. And you will always be drawing HOT air in with the undertank.

Whilst it is NOT perfect - the RamAir filter is actually designed for the R3 - and was designed by an ex-member of this forum (not RamAir).
TuneECU documentation is a bit "in flux" right now. The place many of us used to download info has closed - Another member here is trying to get an alternative sorted out.

Allow me to also recommend that before you start TOO MANY changes in TuneECU you try and understand the options. And also make sure that basic things like balancing the throttle bodies have been done first. Folk here can guide you, sure but understanding what you're doing is key. It is not a "Harry Potter" solution.

Think about this. TuneECU is a way to remap the ECU to how you want it to be in each gear. I tune for smooth not power - and it is a great tool.

The resistor mod is a "bodge" to convince the ECU it is always in the same gear. This may not actually be the best thing.
If you feel TuneECU is beyond your comprehension (and for many it is - we are not all automotive engineers) then consider the Healtech devices.
This is basically the resistor mod but with various options and is reversible - instantly. Personally I would not bother.

Having previously used the Healtech and also had the undertank filter - my advice is DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. An undertank filter DOES let sightly more air in - but the major restriction is between the inner and outer plenums. And you will always be drawing HOT air in with the undertank.

Whilst it is NOT perfect - the RamAir filter is actually designed for the R3 - and was designed by an ex-member of this forum (not RamAir).
TuneECU documentation is a bit "in flux" right now. The place many of us used to download info has closed - Another member here is trying to get an alternative sorted out.

Allow me to also recommend that before you start TOO MANY changes in TuneECU you try and understand the options. And also make sure that basic things like balancing the throttle bodies have been done first. Folk here can guide you, sure but understanding what you're doing is key. It is not a "Harry Potter" solution.

Thanks for your feedback ;) appreciate it

Hi everyone,

Just introducing to this great forum. Had a lot of good reading so far.

I'm ED from Lithuania, and i ride 2006 Triumph Rocket 3 classic.

Had very different bikes before (Enduro, Adventure Dual sports, Sport, Sportstouriers, Street and so on), but this is my first Cruiser bike, and i really doubt if i will want another bike soon.

I've got custom made stainless steel exhaust, decat. Looking to put the K&N under the tank and remap it with TuneECU(that is my current interesting reading).

As its almost winter time here and its illegal to drive the bike in 5 days, will be doing maintenance and some mods on it.
Hi Ed and welcome from the United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Just introducing to this great forum. Had a lot of good reading so far.

I'm ED from Lithuania, and i ride 2006 Triumph Rocket 3 classic.

Had very different bikes before (Enduro, Adventure Dual sports, Sport, Sportstouriers, Street and so on), but this is my first Cruiser bike, and i really doubt if i will want another bike soon.

I've got custom made stainless steel exhaust, decat. Looking to put the K&N under the tank and remap it with TuneECU(that is my current interesting reading).

As its almost winter time here and its illegal to drive the bike in 5 days, will be doing maintenance and some mods on it.

been to Lithuania 4 times love it. so hello. 2008 Rocket touring with 66,000 miles San Diego California

Welcome from Sweden Ed, I know all about winter and cold too...

Back