Hello From Guelph, Ontario, Canada

asteriskmonkey

.020 Over
Ride
rocket 3 touring 2011 model
Hello fellow R3 Owners, just picked myself up a 2011 r3 touring model with 8k miles on it, put my sports bike out to pasture, and now i can finally ride for more than an hr without regrets the next day :)

I love this bikes pulls like a beast for its weight and puts the road king i rented to shame in comparison.

Love the torque on the bike, still have a little issue with keeping up with my brother on the hyabusa so looking to kit it out a little more whilst still maintain the riding coach feeling.

Any recommendations for first upgrades :) I see most good bits of kit are in shops in the UK and some customer places in USA, I'm in Canada so trying to hunt for local if possible.

Welcome to the site mate :thumbsup: first thing is to let her breath do some research and choose an air filter like the ramair mark 2 if you like to keep the original bear claw look or if you don't mind a bit of cutting go the big K&N and then upgrade the exhaust / headers and then get her put on the dyno and watch those numbers climb :D
Cheers Pete

A.M welcome to this forum. Theres tons of info here on R3owners. I have a 2010 R3T and the first thing I did was change out the exhaust,removed the secondaries in the throttle bodies,removed all restrictive air plumbing under the tank, put in 3 K&N filters, bought a special cable from Amazon.com to hook up the ECU (bikes computer) to tune ECU and upload a high performance tune.
theres too much stuff to tell you about in detail. It took me a couple of years of being on this forum to slowly put my R3T to the fire breathing dragon it is now.
Heres a couple of links to get you started.

Welcome to the site AsterM and congrats on the purchase. Do you know if the previous owner did anything to the bike? One of the first things to do is download TuneECU, purchase a proper cable (recommendations on the TuneECU website) and see what you've got in her for a tune. I'm pretty sure that you can install a tune for a Roadster and that alone will give you a noticeable shot in the butt. After market exhaust or the TORs and a RamAir intake along with one of the many tunes available on this site and you'll get another kick in the butt..... These kicks are the kind that make you smile...... a lot!! :)

Maybe easier to try and get the 'Busa rider to slow down a tad .. had experience racing against a B-King. Just see if you can get him to slow down a bit ;) welcome.

WELCOME from WA State!
Congtats on your new purchase!

Welcome from New Jersey, take a Road trip 1500km south to Berlin NJ. Drop bike off to bob carpenter, give him some money, pick up bike couple of days later and you will be back in Canada twice as fast as it took you to get to Berlin NJ!!!
http://carpenterracing.com

Gods luck with your new bike!!

G'day and welcome. Congrats on the bike. There are lots of options to make it even better, so look around the site a bit and get a feel of what you may like.

Welcome from germany! Lots of good options for you on here. Carpenter is probably your best bet if you want to make Huge increases. The others will all gain you a decent amount at low costs. If your brother has been riding his Busa for a while and is a good rider, you may be climbing a steep hill. You will not keep up in the twisties if he can keep it wide open. That said, take him on a 6 hour ride and you'll leave him way behind at a rest stop about half way in ;)

Back