Hello from a newbie!

Thank you to all who replied. I am sorry for not getting right back to you guys but I've been crazy busy and have been consumed by all this terror BS in Boston , my hometown!!
Now I am attempting an oil change and can't figure out which drain it is I need to open.....been a rough week, can't concentrate ....thanks again!!

There's 3 drain plugs. 1 for the oil tank and 2 for the sump. Someone might have a pic they can post but I'll try to find a past thread on it.

Thank you to all who replied. I am sorry for not getting right back to you guys but I've been crazy busy and have been consumed by all this terror BS in Boston , my hometown!!
Now I am attempting an oil change and can't figure out which drain it is I need to open.....been a rough week, can't concentrate ....thanks again!!

There are 3 drain plugs. oil tank, front sump and rear sump. Do not over tighten them when going back in. 18 ft lbs (25 Nm)

OIl Change on a Triumph Rocket III Part 2 - YouTube

This is actually from a series of 8 (yes, 8!!!!!) videos on how to change your oil. This one shows where the drain plugs are. You'll need 3 crush washers and an 'o'ring. You'll be able to get the smaller sized washers from pretty much anywhere that sells this type of thing but I'm finding, in Oz at any rate, that the large washer and 'o'ring need to come from Triumph/dealer.

Actually, if someone could post the exact size (ID and OD) of the larger washer I'd be very grateful.

and yet another welcome from Oklahoma.
everybody here will go above and beyond to help you on any project you can dream up,
unless of course you start putting hardley parts on her, then you're kinda on your own.
Oh yea, BTW, if you aren't perfectly happy with the handlebars, any 1" bars will fit.
again, Welcome to the site.
skip
P.S.
go to the members photos and look up Lonzol,
Blackie may be just what you're wanting to look at.

Back