Hello Everyone .... recently off a Diavel

Carpenter Rocket Touring, Sprint with a Daytona engine, BMW K1200GT, Honda Super Blackbird, old BMW r/65 with side car. I sold a tt600 and a cbr1000rr and gave my son in law my cb750.
The only bikes I've owned I didn't miss were the cbr1000rr and a klr650

@Hood49 and @bzboy01 she sure does go like a house on fire and does it so easily. I see so much more potential in that engine. My old Diavel I pretty much had it to the extreme in terms of build and tune and don't think without a huge radical amount of work it had much more in it. It was probably faster (but not by much against the stock Rocket 3) but always on edge at those extreme levels when I rode it to its limits. The Rocket just does it so easy you don't feel like it is even trying and so smooth and refined in comparison. Just a great beautiful bike. I don't even mind it being relatively quiet. The Diavel was the loudest thing on the road that drowned out every Harley I was next to. Living in a small town at the moment from Sydney originally, everyone has a Harley here and had no idea what the Diavel was. A bit like now, they stare at the new Rocket 3 in awe. :) Makes for great chats at parking lots. :) Sure, one day, I will look at pipes/tune etc but for now, hard to see how any after market pipes could make it more attractive - and in no rush either as I am quite hppy with her stock for now. @bzboy01, you won't be disappointed when you start to push her. :) 220km/h so far is the most I have taken her and it feels like nothing. At those speeds and just above, the Diavel felt like it was going to fall apart around me or explode under me. :)
G’day. Welcome aboard. Dave Platt UK. DP Exhaust. Lovely looking burbley pipes for your flash new machine :)

Back