Hello Everyone .... recently off a Diavel

Hi Everyone,

Recently traded in my 2012 Diavel for this beast. Been riding for a while. Currently also still in the garage a new Indian FTR 1200 S RR and 2001 ZX12R. Sadly traded in my Diavel for the new Rocket 3 R as I didn't expect to ride it much anymore after this purchase and the missus wouldn't handle 4 bikes in the garage. Had always loved and wanted a Rocket and after less than 5 minutes on the test ride, I knew this was for me. I just love it!

Welcome from Massachusetts.

How did you like the Diavel? I've considered picking one up, but I'm on the fence.

@Hood49 and @bzboy01 she sure does go like a house on fire and does it so easily. I see so much more potential in that engine. My old Diavel I pretty much had it to the extreme in terms of build and tune and don't think without a huge radical amount of work it had much more in it. It was probably faster (but not by much against the stock Rocket 3) but always on edge at those extreme levels when I rode it to its limits. The Rocket just does it so easy you don't feel like it is even trying and so smooth and refined in comparison. Just a great beautiful bike. I don't even mind it being relatively quiet. The Diavel was the loudest thing on the road that drowned out every Harley I was next to. Living in a small town at the moment from Sydney originally, everyone has a Harley here and had no idea what the Diavel was. A bit like now, they stare at the new Rocket 3 in awe. :) Makes for great chats at parking lots. :) Sure, one day, I will look at pipes/tune etc but for now, hard to see how any after market pipes could make it more attractive - and in no rush either as I am quite hppy with her stock for now. @bzboy01, you won't be disappointed when you start to push her. :) 220km/h so far is the most I have taken her and it feels like nothing. At those speeds and just above, the Diavel felt like it was going to fall apart around me or explode under me. :)

Welcome from Massachusetts.

How did you like the Diavel? I've considered picking one up, but I'm on the fence.
Loved it. See my other response above. I haven't ridden the new one because I didn't want to. The Rocket has been on my dream list a long time for various reasons. I had a 2012 Carbon. I didn't want to ride the new one also because I felt it would be disappointing - losing probably some of that older Ducati insanity if that makes sense. But I have heard only good things about it. The 2012 with exhaust and tune I had was just insane. A beast of beasts. Loud as all **** but with substance to that obnoxious loudness. :) I have no doubts about claimed 0-100 in 2.5s as it was so easy to launch. Never lost a take off at the lights against a litre bike. :) Post 240km/h, they would just cruise past but who rides at those speeds - in particular here in Australia where 100-110Km/h speed limits apply. Around the country roads and corners, I would not have been much slower than if I was on my S1000RR. Being a slightly bigger guy, I had no issues throwing her around. Once you get used to them, riding them to their limits is easy. The Rocket though just does things easier and more refined. That engine is just a thing of beauty. I haven't had much chance on twisty roads to compare v The Diavel but I think I would keep up quite well. It's also a better street bike where I can cruise around in 4th or 5th gear and that torque is there when I need it. The Diavel you just can't do that. You literally can't be in 3rd gear in city streets and speeds without jerking and spend all your time in first or second gears. You would not be disappointed with one though if you like to hammer it. :)

Back