Hello Everyone .... recently off a Diavel

Rock Ape

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 R
Hi Everyone,

Recently traded in my 2012 Diavel for this beast. Been riding for a while. Currently also still in the garage a new Indian FTR 1200 S RR and 2001 ZX12R. Sadly traded in my Diavel for the new Rocket 3 R as I didn't expect to ride it much anymore after this purchase and the missus wouldn't handle 4 bikes in the garage. Had always loved and wanted a Rocket and after less than 5 minutes on the test ride, I knew this was for me. I just love it!

Welcome! I recently picked up an R as well. I'm up to 2 bikes now but I'm working on your strategy. Cruiser, roadster and sportbike. No sportbike for me yet.
Nice brother. I like my mix now but the other 2 are not getting much attention. I miss my old S1000RR ... actually I miss every bike I ever sold but for sportsbikes, there's nothing like it. :) All the best as you build up the garage. :)

Nice brother. I like my mix now but the other 2 are not getting much attention. I miss my old S1000RR ... actually I miss every bike I ever sold but for sportsbikes, there's nothing like it. :) All the best as you build up the garage. :)

Before I got the R3-R I was debating a 2020 RR. I had a deposit down for like 6 months but all the delays felt like a bad omen. I was debating the Ducati Streetfighter and the Aprilia RSV4-1100 but I wanted a bike I'd ride more, not less than my custom Nine T .

How's the FTR? I hear great things but I've never seen one in the wild.

Before I got the R3-R I was debating a 2020 RR. I had a deposit down for like 6 months but all the delays felt like a bad omen. I was debating the Ducati Streetfighter and the Aprilia RSV4-1100 but I wanted a bike I'd ride more, not less than my custom Nine T .

How's the FTR? I hear great things but I've never seen one in the wild.
Gees. That is a long wait. I've admired the Duc Streetfighter also and can't go wrong with the RSV4 either. Shame about the S1000RR ... would be a perfect combination in the garage with the Rocket 3 R. :)

The FTR I had admired the look of in the dealership a few months back but never thought it would be my style. Had also owned a 2014 Z1000 so didn't think it would really compare with the super nakeds. And it doesn't. It's in a class of it's own. Very different. The dealer is a friend of mine so asked if I wanted to take it for a ride. Never one to knock a ride back on a new bike, sure. First 10 minutes or so, didn't really feel much for it but it grew on me. If you jump on FTR forums, you'll hear how powerful it is, etc etc but it's not really compared to what I was used to but you know how people are with their bikes. But it was awesome fun. By the end of the ride, I fell in love with it. I can see why it has won bike of the year in some media. Weighs the same as the super nakeds but feels so much lighter. Great around the streets and even longer rides into the country. Can't fault it. Def a fun second or third bike but rarely on it since the Rocket. :)

Hello Rock Ape and welcome from Virginia.

I'm jealous as I have no garage to build up. My bikes don't even have a fenced in Paddock. Nope, they are free range beasts. Luckily for me they never seem to roam off and stay close to home.

I also had a couple of bikes in the garage. It is a nice feeling to having to decide which bike you are going to take for a spin. But I also have a couple of cars and I needed some space so I decided with the Mrs that we would scale down to one bike. She said that I could pick a bike, so I sold the other bikes and got a Rocket 3R. So happy I did! It goes like a house on fire...

Hello Rock Ape....Welcome to Rocket 3 family.....I got mine a month ago and I am in love with my 3R just like you are with yours. Still running it in and haven’t pushed it much. Enjoy your ride on your new 3R.........

Back