Want to Buy Heel and toe shifter

I have ordered forward controls. Once I get those I can see what I have to do. I've built custom bikes from the ground up, so shouldn't be too hard to fab something
Way cool ! I can’t even cut and flip over my heel toe shifter, like others have done. No skills with metal working / fabricating :-(
that’s what i shld have done, rather than spend $90 on a single lever that may not work as i just foubd out (foot clearance issue).

Way cool ! I can’t even cut and flip over my heel toe shifter, like others have done. No skills with metal working / fabricating :-(
that’s what i shld have done, rather than spend $90 on a single lever that may not work as i just foubd out (foot clearance issue).
What lever did you buy for $90? Got a link?

Attachments

• B9B89396-CB4B-4F08-A2AF-A4D5A25BEEAD.png
    B9B89396-CB4B-4F08-A2AF-A4D5A25BEEAD.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 17
What lever did you buy for $90? Got a link?
Off Aussie ebay, from Dubbo.

It says 2008 Classic, however blokes are saying various types of single levers have board clearance issues.
Did Classics come with pegs or only boards? If only boards then I should be right with this part.
If not, I don’t know whether to cut the rear toe lever part off, cut the whole rear lever off, or do that rear lever flip and linkage hole drill and install on the front. What is the advantage of the cut and flip over the other obvious modifications; I don’t get it, but it does look neat !

Classics should all have footboards unless someone has swapped them out already.
Congratulations you bought have a R3 Standard footpeg only 2004-2009 version that will not fit your Classic foot rails. ;) :eek::(:whitstling:
The linkages and lever also vary again for the 2010 on R3Roadster peg version.
You have discovered the problem of having to check the part numbers if available or know your parts fiche well. Some of us more experienced parts hunters have found this out before eh @Mittzy ;):whitstling::roll::roll:
A trap for many is the fact that R3 Standards, Classics and Roadsters share the same frame, wheels and engine, but there are many model specific and VIN variations to trap the unwary.

Pretty sure you will also find the bolt #12 and bush #2 are different.

Part Finder - Triumph - 0 - Rocket III, Classic & Roadster - Gear Sel. Pedal-Rocket III only

1593136096751.png

Last edited:
I have a new aftermarket adjustable gear change lever that may work. The Bonneville and Thunderbird gear levers also fit the same R3 spline pattern.

Custom CNC milled from aviation grade billet 6061t aluminium.
Adjustable pedal assembly with knurled foot peg as pictured pedal in aluminium finish.
Fully adjustable - the peg itself sits in a slotted hole so can be adjusted forward and back - as well as that the pedal is also adjustable on the vertical axis so you can set the bike up precisely to your personal requirements.
Bolt on parts - fully CNC machined splines for an exact match on the factory selector shaft.
FITS ALL YEARS HINCKLEY BONNEVILLE T100/SE : 2001-2015 - Fits Aircooled CARB and EFI bikes.

1593137553335.png

1593137773390.png
1593137803339.png

@1olbull Steve also bought this version and tried it with his R3 Standard Triumph accessory footboards and it works but the R3 Standard foot boards and rails are different to your Flatter R3Classic version.

I have a new aftermarket adjustable gear change lever that may work. The Bonneville and Thunderbird gear levers also fit the same R3 spline pattern.

Custom CNC milled from aviation grade billet 6061t aluminium.
Adjustable pedal assembly with knurled foot peg as pictured pedal in aluminium finish.
Fully adjustable - the peg itself sits in a slotted hole so can be adjusted forward and back - as well as that the pedal is also adjustable on the vertical axis so you can set the bike up precisely to your personal requirements.
Bolt on parts - fully CNC machined splines for an exact match on the factory selector shaft.
FITS ALL YEARS HINCKLEY BONNEVILLE T100/SE : 2001-2015 - Fits Aircooled CARB and EFI bikes.

1593137553335.png

1593137773390.png
1593137803339.png

@1olbull Steve also bought this version and tried it with his R3 Standard Triumph accessory footboards and it works but the R3 Standard foot boards and rails are different to your Flatter R3Classic version.
Righto. $100 wasted. Bugger.
I don’t want to cut or grind my original heel toe lever. Always like to have original parts for down the track collectability.
If you think the adjustable lever as above that you have will work, am interested. What is the ask on it fella?

Righto. $100 wasted. Bugger.
I don’t want to cut or grind my original heel toe lever. Always like to have original parts for down the track collectability.
If you think the adjustable lever as above that you have will work, am interested. What is the ask on it fella?
It will definitely work. No idea if it will suit you or your Classic set up and foot position preferences, Steve used his with the more steeply raked and no longer available accessory only Standard footboards on his R3 Roadster.

They are 45 quid from UK.

I already found one. I haven't installed it yet but when I do (better be real soon) I can let you know if I am selling mine in case you are still looking for a single.
I obtained a TBird Storm gear lever. If it doesn’t work I will need your single shifter please ..

Back