Headset Communications

No communication gizmos for me.
I do not want to talk to anybody while riding. Just like to listen to my radio.
I took an XM radio and hard-wired an extension to my ear-buds, with volume control and power switch mounted in a metal box below the radio.
The radio can be lifted out of its holder and dropped into my pocket when parked.
Works well.

d-

Attachments

• Radio.jpg
    Radio.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 1
@DJ
This man LIKES his radio! Talk or music?
What's the switch box at the left on the bar for?
The whole shebang kind of looks like Dr. Frankenstein's Laboratory.
:p

The switch box on the left side and mounted on the bar is for the heated hand grips. I was going to install the radio power switch in the open spot, but I felt installing it on the metal box below the radio looked cleaner.

The switch box on the left side and mounted on the bar is for the heated hand grips. I was going to install the radio power switch in the open spot, but I felt installing it on the metal box below the radio looked cleaner.

Nice work at any rate.
Wish I knew enough about 'lectricks to do this type of work.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No communication gizmos for me.
I do not want to talk to anybody while riding. Just like to listen to my radio.
I took an XM radio and hard-wired an extension to my ear-buds, with volume control and power switch mounted in a metal box below the radio.
The radio can be lifted out of its holder and dropped into my pocket when parked.

I just put my iPhone in an X-Grip holder and have earbuds strung to that. Also works excellently as a GPS with the Tomtom software.

It looks like I cannot go wrong with most available options.

One of my favorite reasons for riding is just the hum of the bike and a little traffic noise.

So music is not a major option for me.

Alone with my thoughts, the wind, the road, and the sound of the bike.

My wife enjoys riding but on a longer ride she misses communicating what she is seeing or other thoughts.

I really, really (yes, this is important enough for two reallys!) appreciate all the info and the experiences each has had.

Also, for my wife it is not a shoe sale but BOOOOT SALE!

We have a 5 plus hour trip to Ocean City, MD lined up for early October and we would like to take the bike and enjoy each others company as well.

God bless!!

Michael and Karen

Again, I would like to thank all for your input.

We have ordered the Sena SMH10 from Revzilla.

I met somebody by accident (and not from an accident) today that also has the Sena 10 and highly recommends it.

My wife and I thank everyone!

God bless!!

Michael and Karen

Back