Cardo has the auto volume adjust. Very nice to have, though it can get blaring if too high to start. I run earplugs and the setup is very nice.

We have Sena's and they work ok but the model 30 is a bit complicated and you can't work the controls well with an insulated glove. Like Bob I have trouble remembering how to work the different functions.

@Boog and I can weigh-in on the sena 20s and 20evos. i've had mine since nov 25th of 2015. they work! the ride to RAA East 2018 was 12 hours of rain and we talked and told sea stories the whole time. then used them the entire weekend. the line of sight on them is pretty good. as far as sound quality they are ok for music but are great on phone calls and gps voices. now i wouldn't go with the 30k due to it being a bit clunky to operate and the improvements aren't really worth the extra cost due to the firmware updates on the 20s evo. and you can get the 20s evo refurbished for about 169 bucks from SENA on thier website. the new SRL system for the SHoeii Neotec II is a 20s evo made to fit the helmet. so the tech works and is easier to pair than the 30k as well.

@Boog and I can weigh-in on the sena 20s and 20evos. i've had mine since nov 25th of 2015. they work! the ride to RAA East 2018 was 12 hours of rain and we talked and told sea stories the whole time. then used them the entire weekend. the line of sight on them is pretty good. as far as sound quality they are ok for music but are great on phone calls and gps voices. now i wouldn't go with the 30k due to it being a bit clunky to operate and the improvements aren't really worth the extra cost due to the firmware updates on the 20s evo. and you can get the 20s evo refurbished for about 169 bucks from SENA on thier website. the new SRL system for the SHoeii Neotec II is a 20s evo made to fit the helmet. so the tech works and is easier to pair than the 30k as well.
Zack, i didn't kow about the reworking Sena does. I just bought a new Sena set for Pretty Pillion and I for the RAA in Richwood. They work great too but are not the 20s. I wore mine out with many hours of rain and it was starting to get finicky on me.

Zack, i didn't kow about the reworking Sena does. I just bought a new Sena set for Pretty Pillion and I for the RAA in Richwood. They work great too but are not the 20s. I wore mine out with many hours of rain and it was starting to get finicky on me.
Yeah i'm just now (January) started having issues with the charge on my 20s. i was looking to upgrade and get one for Mrs. Whingnut so she can hear me while riding. or i may replace the battery and repair it and just get her a new one. what model did you get for you guys how did you like it? as for longevity i dont think Sena intended the 20s to last as long or be used like we use them. :p

Yeah i'm just now (January) started having issues with the charge on my 20s. i was looking to upgrade and get one for Mrs. Whingnut so she can hear me while riding. or i may replace the battery and repair it and just get her a new one. what model did you get for you guys how did you like it? as for longevity i dont think Sena intended the 20s to last as long or be used like we use them. :p
This one:
Sena SMH5.jpg

+1 on the Packtalk Bold over Sena (I've used both - admittedly older model though)
When I used the Cardo, rain killed the first unit. They replaced it but rain killed the second as well. Pretty Pillion had one on her helmet for five years now and it never got wet therefore it lasted till this last RAA when I bought the Sena system in the picture above. Her Cardo was not keeping a charge more than an hour and since the batteries are not easily swapped, I opted for a new set. So far the Sena SMH5 has lasted 9 hours on a charge without stopping. And we definitely got soaked five times en route RAA.

Dave,
I recently did a lot of research and found the Sena 20s EVO to be the best bang for the bucks. Don't remember the exact details, but what the 30 does better is stuff you would not be interested in like many bikes connected together.
I tried this once with just 4 peeps and it took 3 minutes for me shut the SOB off!
IMHO, other than, "let's, eat, stop for gas, take a piss, watch out for . . ." it's all BS!

can you hear me now?

better?

Much better.

Back