Head count for RAA - Wytheville VA 2017

IMG_20170804_124402572.jpg

I really would like @BillB to fill in his thoughts for prosperity.

Billb was the instigator and lead for Friday's ride. That morning, he had his phone out w/Google Maps and was showing us his idea for a ride that day. It all sounded good, and Bill said he needed to go find a dry erase marker for his method of recording turns on the insdie of his windshield.

Meanwhile, @Delaware rider had cord showing on his rear tire, and he ably assisted by @warp9.9 called in to say they were headed to a motorcycle shop for a new tire.

After breakfast, the main group reconvened at Fancy Gap Campground, and headed out, with @BillB in the lead; @sweettennbabe ; @rainman ; @CvSisinthehouse ; @Rocket Scientist w/better half Melissa; @teraeric ; and @Joesmoe w/better half Wei.

BillB led us up Rt 52 to Big Walker Lookout. Low and behold, @Delaware rider and @warp9.9 were there waiting, and they told us about the adventure of finding a new tire and getting it mounted. Delaware rider also shared with us his personal story of having visited that spot on his honeymoon many moons ago.

[see the group photo above]

I can't describe the route from there to Saltville - only to say it was wonderful, with BillB keeping a pleasant pace allowing all to pretty much keep up.

We stopped at a pizza place around 1700 in Saltville, eying the dark clouds as we went in, with discussions of who had rain gear and who looked at the beautiful blue sky that morning and left the gear behind.

Leaving there, the group split, with Delaware rider, CVSisinthehouse, teraeric, and Joesmoe heading down Rt 107 to get on I-81 N to I-77 S to Rt 148 to Rt 52 to BRP and back to FGCC (60 miles by that route).

Sure enough, on I-77 we found the rain, and Friday going-home traffic slowed to about 45 mph.

The bike offered limited protection, so we weren't completely soaked -- with the cool front presaged by the rain, the hot shower back at the camp felt good.

Last edited:
Peg and I made it home safe and incident free other than heavy rain around Lake Erie :(
Another great time and good to meet new friends as well as old. Looking forward to the next ride.

HEY ! Who ya callin old ? Glad to hear your trip home was safe. Be well !

But!!! Its was great to see old friends and make new ones as well. All the fng's fit right in and now they are old hats. Mrs. Bear paw rides her own bike as well y'all and she fell in the group like fruit in a jar.
When I can find more info on Mothman in West Virginia in September 2018 I will start a thread. Y'all ride safe.

We are home. I almost got taken out where 77 and 81 meet and Jay almost got taken out about 3 miles from our turn off on 75 near the house. I won't ride interstate again. We will take more time and do back roads only. Stupid cagers. Smh
Glad y'all made it home safe.

Maybe this should be mandatory reading to get a driver's license.
Not hitting bikers.jpg

I see that no one has posted on what we seen yesterday we were riding down the road and see this girl waving and jumping up and down as we approach closer seen that a car had went off the road and was crush pretty good me and stb did traffic control and warp9.9 went down and got the girl out of the car and she was alright lm sure the others can give a little more details when they read this
We seen the car on the roll back when we were headed back to fancy Gap and I was surprised that anyone could have survived that

I repeat, y'all are good people.

Back