Haven't changed tyres? Read this.

Invest in a lift/service/scissor-jack (picture courtesy eBay) and a Werkes® Slip-on (picture courtesy Werkes®). Also, get a set of four cam-buckle tie-downs - they might even come with the jack. ALWAYS tie the bike down onto the jack when lifted, all four corners.

41Km2o2F56L._AC_SX355_.jpg

Triumph Rocket 3 Competition Werkes exhaust 01_0.jpg
Hi. Do you have any piccys of your rocket lifted using the jack? Would be appreciated - thanks

I have done 2 Rear tyres in 12 mths, nail one and dont know what the other was but it left a bloody big hole. Currently riding with a plug in whilst waiting 4 weeks for a Avon Cobra Chrome to arrive from OS, Covid is being used as an excuse for everything these days. I am so going to get the TPMS fitted because the tyre goes down that fast its dangerous. Rear Tyres are about $500 AUS fitted so makes it an expensive ride. I have never had a flat in any of my other bikes has anybody else had similar issues?
It's just luck of the draw. I hit a nail on a freeway after 3 months of ownership which immediately got caught by the mudguard and ripped out, causing rapid deflation of my tire from the 42 psi it had to completely flat in the length of the off-ramp I went onto to save myself--roughly 100 yards.

Hi. Do you have any piccys of your rocket lifted using the jack? Would be appreciated - thanks
No, I do not. But I will take some when I install the rim-tape I am expecting from Tapeworks®. Hopefully Sunday week.

I've had it up on the lift-jack twice already. Once to remove a silly eyesore OEM exhaust bracket on the left side, when I fitted the Werkes® slip-on. You need to take the side-stand assy off for that. Then again, when I fitted the Triumph Alarm. The swingarm needs to be lowered completely so that you can sneak it into a cavity at the bottom of the battery box and then close that off — from below. Total PITA that was.

Here is a chap using one as well, but you do not see him actually lifting the bike with it;
And it looks like he made his bed right next to his Rocket (-:

Last edited:
i got a huge nail in the back tire of my GT, all you have to do is, loosen the 5 lug nuts (as in just get them cracked and ready to go, easier to do with the tire on the ground), jack the bike up on the jack points under the engine, remove the 5 lugs, pull the rim away from the hub, bring the back of the tire towards you, so it ends up on a slight angle, and then just bring it out, to put it back just do the opposite, setting the jack and removing the tire, takes about 10-min, just make sure the shop knows how to deal with that type of rim so they don't trash it
Same here. No exhaust removal needed.

No, I do not. But I will take some when I install the rim-tape I am expecting from Rimstripes by Tapeworks. Hopefully Sunday week.

I've had it up on the lift-jack twice already. Once to remove a silly eyesore OEM exhaust bracket when I fitted the Werkes® slip-on. You need to take the side-stand assy off for that. Then again, when I fitted the Triumph Alarm. The swingarm needs to be lowered completely so that you can sneak it into and close a cavity at the bottom of the battery box— from below. Total PITA that was.

Here is a chap using one as well, but you do not see him actually lifting the bike with it;
And it looks like he made his bed right next to his Rocket (-:
Hey, thanks for that and look forward to pictures

Hey, thanks for that and look forward to pictures
Apologies. 'Sunday week' transpired exactly one month later (-: I only got around to doing the rim-tape yesterday. So, here are some photos of the Rocket (R) raised on a lift-jack. It is a little heavier towards the rear when supporting it only under the engine - so I add a thin slat of wood and a rubber strip on the rear arm of the lift-jack, and then it lifts both wheels evenly. I took these photos before tying the bike down onto the lift jack.

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

Here is my Chief Vintage on one (work-in-progress, waiting on stuff) as well as my Cross Country. I also have another jack under the XC's swingarm since the front end has been stripped out.
DSC02786.jpg
DSC02788.jpg

I have done 2 Rear tyres in 12 mths, nail one and dont know what the other was but it left a bloody big hole. Currently riding with a plug in whilst waiting 4 weeks for a Avon Cobra Chrome to arrive from OS, Covid is being used as an excuse for everything these days. I am so going to get the TPMS fitted because the tyre goes down that fast its dangerous. Rear Tyres are about $500 AUS fitted so makes it an expensive ride. I have never had a flat in any of my other bikes has anybody else had similar issues?
Hoodlum

I'm a big fan of the FOBO Bike 2 Bluetooth TPMS system. MUCH cheaper than the triumph system, and it's bluetooth linked to my phone to alert me via my helmet coms if it detects any issue. I'd check that out instead of going the Triumph TPMS route. I've read that the Triumph system doesn't have replaceable batteries so you have to pay for a whole new kit when they die in a few years (can't swear to that fact though).

FOBO Bike 2

I'm a big fan of the FOBO Bike 2 Bluetooth TPMS system. MUCH cheaper than the triumph system, and it's bluetooth linked to my phone to alert me via my helmet coms if it detects any issue. I'd check that out instead of going the Triumph TPMS route. I've read that the Triumph system doesn't have replaceable batteries so you have to pay for a whole new kit when they die in a few years (can't swear to that fact though).

FOBO Bike 2
I just ordered the Triumph tpms myself. I sure hope that lack of replaceable batteries is just bs.

Back