Haven't changed tyres? Read this.

I'm a big fan of the FOBO Bike 2 Bluetooth TPMS system. MUCH cheaper than the triumph system, and it's bluetooth linked to my phone to alert me via my helmet coms if it detects any issue. I'd check that out instead of going the Triumph TPMS route. I've read that the Triumph system doesn't have replaceable batteries so you have to pay for a whole new kit when they die in a few years (can't swear to that fact though).

FOBO Bike 2
I have used TireGard, FOBO and Garmin TPMS - all of which screw onto the Valve Stem. They are great on older bikes and newer ones for which TPMS is not available as an OEM accessory. But I would not use them when I can specify OEM TPMS.

All those add-on TPMS manufacturers swear that you do not have to rebalance your wheels when you fit them, even though they weigh 12-20 gram each. I replace my own tires and balance my wheels myself, using a manual tire changer and static wheel balancer - to within 5 grams. So, I screw them on before balancing. Triumph's is installed in the wheels, on the inside of the valve stems—nothing to lose, nothing to get nicked, nothing to rebalance to when one goes missing or on the blink. Only Tiregard comes with a security ring - another PITA because you need to remove it (one per wheel) with an Allen key when you inflate tires.

You have to physically look at the phone or keychain display to see tire pressures with the aftermarket ones. The Rocket's displays on the dash and alerts you immediately when tire pressure is low - in your face, you cannot miss it. Like a proper TPMS should.

My 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure has a similar built-in TPMS to the Rocket's- not as fancy obviously, but on the same batteries still seven years and counting.

I have used TireGard, FOBO and Garmin TPMS - all of which screw onto the Valve Stem. They are great on older bikes and newer ones for which TPMS is not available as an OEM accessory. But I would not use them when I can specify OEM TPMS.

All those add-on TPMS manufacturers swear that you do not have to rebalance your wheels when you fit them, even though they weigh 12-20 gram each. I replace my own tires and balance my wheels myself, using a manual tire changer and static wheel balancer - to within 5 grams. So, I screw them on before balancing. Triumph's is installed in the wheels, on the inside of the valve stems—nothing to lose, nothing to get nicked, nothing to rebalance to when one goes missing or on the blink. Only Tiregard comes with a security ring - another PITA because you need to remove it (one per wheel) with an Allen key when you inflate tires.

You have to physically look at the phone or keychain display to see tire pressures with the aftermarket ones. The Rocket's displays on the dash and alerts you immediately when tire pressure is low - in your face, you cannot miss it. Like a proper TPMS should.

My 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure has a similar built-in TPMS to the Rocket's- not as fancy obviously, but on the same batteries still seven years and counting.
The FOBO2 weighs only 7.6 grams.

My phone is always mounted to my bars anyway so I get instant notification visually, plus like I said through bluetooth audio right in my headset.

It's always active on your phone too so if you do have a slow leak it'll detect it sitting in your garage and you'll have an opportunity to do something about it BEFORE you're getting on your bike and on your way somewhere important.

Price is a huge difference. $99, self install. Versus the Triumph system costs $245 just for the parts, figure another $150+ for installation.

The FOBO2 weighs only 7.6 grams.

My phone is always mounted to my bars anyway so I get instant notification visually, plus like I said through bluetooth audio right in my headset.

It's always active on your phone too so if you do have a slow leak it'll detect it sitting in your garage and you'll have an opportunity to do something about it BEFORE you're getting on your bike and on your way somewhere important.

Price is a huge difference. $99, self install. Versus the Triumph system costs $245 just for the parts, figure another $150+ for installation.
Is that 7.6 grams with or without the battery? 8 grams (tsk, 7.6) without the battery equates to 10 grams with the battery.

These are the FOBO's I use - granted, not the latest FOBO2's. 10 gram (dry), 12 gram with battery - each. FOBO Bike TPMS Review.

Horses for courses. I hardly ever have my phone mounted on my bars, especially not on the Rocket, given its Bluetooth connectivity features. And I tend to spec accessories when I buy the bike, not afterwards.

Last edited:
I am taking this does not work with a flip phone? Your all worth a good laugh. I get on my bike and can tell you in a heartbeat if the air pressure is right on the tires. Then again not a novice weekend rider. Oh my God forgot my phone "HOW DO I RIDE" **** me to tears.

Last edited:
I am taking this does not work with a flip phone? Your all worth a good laugh. I get on my bike and can tell you in a heartbeat if the air pressure is right on the tires. Then again not a novice weekend rider. Oh my God forgot my phone "HOW DO I RIDE" **** me to tears.
You are conning yourself. The tire pressure is not only down, but well down, if you can feel it when you get on the bike. I have pretty strong hands, and for many years I could judge tire pressure by gripping the rim with both hands and pushing on the tire tread with my thumbs, both front and rear. Not so the last twenty years and especially not with tire pressures north of 2.4 bar - the new Rocket rides 2.9 front and back. I have got older, granted, but tire technology has come a long way since we were young. As opposed to radial tires, even bias ties now feature impressive cross-section stiffness and substantially reduced sidewall flex.

So, best carry your tire pressure gauge with you if you have a flip phone. Things and times change, quite rapidly actually, never mind what we tell ourselves, and old dogs struggle to learn new tricks, I know. Twenty years ago I would have laughed at anyone carrying a flip phone (-:

Last edited:
Back