Have the Florida boys seen this yet!?!

A great percentage of these riders have suspended licenses anyways. This law is useless at stopping the problem.

I think the cops need to take a firmer approach to catch the real idiot that is causing the problem.

It's a catch-22 situation now with enforcing any sort of traffic laws. If you are chasing someone for traffic charges only and they or the officer crashes and injures or kills themselves or someone else, the officer could lose their job, be sued civilally, or prosecuted criminally. So many times it just not worth it.

I'm with Ratboy I can see the basis and reasoning that went into creating the law but I don't agree with it and think it is a severe case of overreacting. If the squids they are targeting ran from the police before because they feared a ticket, imagine the motavation to run now.

And not only do those (that I am sure the law was intended for) not have a valid license or motorcycle endorsement, they don't have insurance either.

At least they are not taking the approach of EU countries such as Germany or France and putting hp limits on bikes.

Big Goaler or any of the others in the SE Users group- this is a good thread-mind if I move this thread into the general chat so others can post?

Last edited:
Back