Hard start on 47 degrees weather !!

I assume it did not work?
So so! Yesterday it did not work out from second try, but my fuel tank was overfilled from day before and yesterday I have cruise on 2 hours and went right now to try it and it did fire from first try! But yesterday was 52F today is 62F! So need all week for monitoring constantly I guess! Wait 10 abs light blinking on every position

So so! Yesterday it did not work out from second try, but my fuel tank was overfilled from day before and yesterday I have cruise on 2 hours and went right now to try it and it did fire from first try! But yesterday was 52F today is 62F! So need all week for monitoring constantly I guess! Wait 10 abs light blinking on every position
Try 87 octane too.

Mine takes a bit longer cranking to wake up after a week or so. What works for me is: Crank it a bit and then let go the start button, then crank again. It starts right away. But for sure my bikes takes a bit more cranking to start after 3-4 days of no riding. Not sure if it fuel mapping issue or some compliance thing with latest emissions standards.

I was starting to get some harder starts in the morning now that the cold weather is moving in. Always starts on the first try, but the first few RPMs are really struggling to catch. Definitely wasn't just roaring to life with a tap of the starter.

I went ahead and filled a couple of tanks of 87 octane and sure enough, it roars to life immediately again. No pre-detonation issues noticed so far, even with a wild ride chasing a bunch of Ducati's up the mountain this weekend.

Maurice is never going to let us hear the end of this.

I was starting to get some harder starts in the morning now that the cold weather is moving in. Always starts on the first try, but the first few RPMs are really struggling to catch. Definitely wasn't just roaring to life with a tap of the starter.

I went ahead and filled a couple of tanks of 87 octane and sure enough, it roars to life immediately again. No pre-detonation issues noticed so far, even with a wild ride chasing a bunch of Ducati's up the mountain this weekend.

Maurice is never going to let us hear the end of this.
Ha. Naw. Just glad you tried it!
For those still using premium in cold weather, try the lights on fix!

Back