Hairline Crack on Exhaust Header

Before you cruise into the dealer take off the Werkes exhaust and put the OEM back on. They will use that as an excuse to not fix the header. It has nothing to do with the header but I guarantee you they will make it an issue. The dealers here won't even modify/change the pissy horn mush less an exhaust.
Mighty Mouse is correct! Go back to the stock setup or you will get a ****load of physics about how you increased the header heat by putting the Werkes on!

Triumph knows about it. I sent them even more photos, high-res, when I first noticed it. And which they were happy to receive. The crack is really thin. I would probably not even have noticed it if I had not scratched off a tiny baked-on morsel right next to it with my fingernail. It would be pedantic, IMHO, to claim a replacement at this stage, and I doubt I would succeed. It functions, does not leak, and you must look for it to see it. I only posted to share the information so that others can have a good squiz in case they might be experiencing the same.
I wouldn’t put it off...only one direction for a crack. Get it changed.

Having notified the Dealer, and having photographic evidence, you aren’t necessarily constrained by the 24 months and could well get the benefit of a Goodwill claim down the track. BUT that is never certain and I believe you’d be wise to have it replaced now even though you seem prepared to put up with it. It will get worse. That you have changed the exhaust certainly does leave open the possibility of a damaged header getting knocked back if it is determined the crack happened after fitment of the exhaust. This makes it even more important to pursue it now while there is stronger evidence that it was indeed a manufacturing defect.

Back