For Sale Hagon Nitro set, used, stock height, $300.00 shipped

Hello Josemoe,
Sorry I have been travelling and not got around to chasing this down, I didn't mean to leave this in the air.

Did you find out what springs are on these, can we ask IDK if he remembers?

I did, and I updated the thread at the beginning and the last post just before yours.

The springs are marked "30" [Kg]

Sorry Joesmoe,
I did read this but I am not sure what 30kgs mean regarding the strength of the spring based on rider and pillion weight. I will need to talk with Hagon tomorrow to understand their markings and therefore prescribed usage.

What would be the postage cost to the UK?

Sorry Joesmoe,
I did read this but I am not sure what 30kgs mean regarding the strength of the spring based on rider and pillion weight. I will need to talk with Hagon tomorrow to understand their markings and therefore prescribed usage.

What would be the postage cost to the UK?
This is the info I got from Hagon about the Nitro’s. About $330 to rebuild plus $70 shipping back to US.

Hi
Rebuild is generally done at around 40,000 miles or around five years, but because the adjustable damping can often counter the reduction in damping effect normally associated with higher mileage suspensions, we often see Nitro’s and our Monoshocks much older or with much higher mileages, after they have actually failed and have an obvious sign of oil loss.

With regards to the rider weights, despite how much thread on the body of the is available, in reality only around 10-12mm of additional preload is useable as additional adjustment as just after this point, spring swap would be required.

Essentially out of the box we are trying to supply a shock for the target rider weight solo, and hopefully freeing up pretty much all that additional reserve adjustment to hopefully allow for the addition of a passenger.

Ordinarily you should be riding with the shock in its out the box setting give or take a little adjustment for personal preference.

Carriage to the USA is $70.00

Regard’s

Hagon Sales Team

Ok Joesmoe,
I have talked to Hagon here in the UK, they recommended a 35Kg spring for my use - 50% solo and 50% pillion between 80 and 150Kg respectively.

Therefore you were correct the 30Kg springs are mainly for solo use.

A new set of shocks from the UK for me would costs 379.50 GBP shipping included - therefore I think that with your shipping costs and my required spring rating requirements I will not be buying your shocks, sorry.

Back