Gudday ... from Bris Vegas Australia

Jethro

.060 Over
Hello all... I've posted before but never really introduced myself. My name is Jeff, just turned 40, work in ICT at a school and am married to the best chick in the world.

I have a 2006 Classic with most of the available accessories. I've only ever owned 4 bikes.. an XJ900, an GPZ1100, a Goldwing and finally I'm at the penultimate with the Rocket.

I just want to say thanks to all the blokes in here whose advice and experiences were the deciding factor in my choosing the Rocket. Having last been on the Wing I was looking to get onto a bike with real grunt and no fairing, something I have never had before. I couldn't find a Valkyrie, looked at the VTX1800 but was finally introduced to the Rocket and have never looked back since.

School holidays have just started so the Missus and I are looking to go on our first epic voyage to the top of Oz over the break. Should get lots of cool pics then.

So there it is... a brief summary of I. Take care chaps and see you in the forums..

Welcome Jethro,

There are a number of members from the land of OZ. Contribute often and nice to find out a little about you. Enjoy your holiday, and I hope to visit your beautiful country one day.

Yep... 40 it is. But I spent near 10 years on the Dark Side so now that I'm back in the Light I have to make up for the lost time. My wife saved me actually, only 6 years ago so I'm lovin' life right now... especially with the Rocket!!

He's not only got the bike, the chick, but he's got the ^&#$ weather too. 18 degrees and 9" of snow overnight just plain sucks:mad:

I am pretty lucky, and the Central/Northern states do allow for all year round riding. Temperatures where I am vary between 5 and 35 degrees celcius (40 to 95 fahrenheit) so while a little nippley in Winter (relatively speaking) and a bit warm in Summer, with enough gear or enough speed you can stay pretty comfy.

Captain Status Approved

Glad your here and happy to see the site was a factor in your decision for a Rocket. I see many names visiting here but a lot never post. Sounds like all is well in your world and that's a good thing.

Back