Araz

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III Touring
Hello to all the ROCKETMEN!

My name is Araz and i recently purchased R3T 2015. My other bike honda vfr 2010, so when i was purchasing R3, i was thinking that i would get absolutely mind blowing torque monster :) and i wasn't wrong, but...and i feel (based on what i read on this forum) community would agree, that there are some gaps when it comes to the horsepower department..rest assured that i've gone extensively through famous thread, started by Mr. Power Tripp (who i believe is retired already), and more or less understand what was the general practice back in the days..

First of all i wanted to appreciate all the knowledge that was shared, it was simply top notch when it comes to technical details! I wanted to clarify couple of things (you already can feel where i am getting at :) ) :

1. Do owners still tune their rockets using tune ecu? I have wandered on their website and i noticed that soft is no longer properly compatible with windows and needs android for reliable connection. Plus there is a dodgy situation with cables (only lonelec seems to be providing adequate ones and i haven't checked up-to-date availability status)

2. If answer to the 1st questions is yes, does that tune from Mr. Wayne still count as relevant when it comes to 2015 models?

3. I roughly understand that PCV is not a substitute for that tune, since it just manages fuel ratios, while mentioned tune removes factory restriction related to secondaries. I still am curious, however, whether PCV will give a noticeable boost? I have downloaded their stock tune (for stock intake/exhaust) and plugged into software to see proposed fuel adjustments and i was shocked by the difference vs stock map (chart attached)

4. Last question: if i decide to to go down the PCV route (i know it is frowned upon in this community :) ), what would be rough translation of increased fuel ratios in the map into hp/torque terms? To make it clear, i don't want to turn my rocket into something it wasn't meant to be, just tweak it a bit so i become completely satisfied with the engine

P.S. I absolutely love my new ride, took it on a short 300mile spin and it was awesome..and honestly, it is best when you travel somewhere between 60-70 mph :)

rocket iii defaul fuel map.jpg
This

rocket iii_araz_1.jpg
rocket iii_araz_2.jpg

Hello @Araz and welcome from Virginia.

Tweek as you wish, but I would say let yourself become more accustomed to the bike as is now, say another 4-5 300 mile runs, before you change the air/fuel mixtures.

Back