So Dennis, how much longer will you be in Iraq or are you going to Afghanastan when your contractor closes up shop in Iraq which I'm reasonably sure he'll do shortly, or at least that's what Obama would lead us to believe.

Myself, I'd not go over there for any amount of money. No matter what you do, they still hate your guts and no matter what you do, you can't blend in.

The 'soldier of fortune' life isn't for me. Of course I'm too old anyway. Maybe that's a good thing.

Flip, I'm in Afghanistan already...my second tour (first one Feb 06 - May 07). There are a lot of Iraq KBR guys coming over to Afghanistan already as they close down some of the smaller camps in Iraq and we're sort of "expanding" over here. They don't let us carry weapons over there, we let the soldiers to that stuff....we stay on the camps.

As far as dangerous...are you kidding? I've been riding around for 3 days and driving the rest of the time and I'm more scared here in the US than I ever have felt over "there". Everybody is trying to kill you on the road over here...oh to be safe again......

Dennis

11 dtg Dubai

Back