gonna start my 1500 mile trip tomorrow morning. LA to WY

• Thread starter Deleted member 10105
  • Start date
Good ride James. I was wondering if you were going to see any snow. Enjoy a good sleep.
well, the last 50 miles were interesting for sure. it was snowing on I25 north between hwy 26 and casper. a lot of ice crystals, like teeny wet hail amost, less like snow. a light sleet ?

it was tough for those last 50 miles, had to pull over and wet and wipe my visor when a truck would pass me, the mist from his tires was freezing instantly to my visor, windshield, etc.

a bit nerve wracking knowing an invisible patch of ice could have ended it all. I was coasting across bridges with the clutch pulled in.
but the burger at the hardees at the end was great.. couldn't think of a better celebratory restaurant waiting for me at the end.

just a but of snow on the road here at my friend's house. crossed it and up into the garage no problem. couldn't help but think at the time, " great, probably drop it right here at the end , in the road in front of their house."

Brother, it was our treat. Your hour by hour reports along with the pics made it seem like we were the ones on vacation.

Make sure you let us know when you're heading home. Looking forward to the trip reports.

will do, I'll take a different route. and more pics. this time i was kind of racing against an ice storm.
I found myself wishing for an in helmet system that would record whatever I said. that way I can simply recite the comments I think while riding.
there's a bunch more I wanted to say, but forget all about when I get somewhere and I got everything else to think about.

I wonder, can I get a phone to respond to voice commands(over bluetooth), to open that app that records speech-to-text?
I know there's bluetooth to control phone calls, gps, radar detectors, other helmets(riders).

also, if I was less in a hurry, I could easily stop to take pictures of all kinds of cool stuff. hey, can I do this for money? tour around and post about it?
i'm not into social media. man, I'd do that in a heartbeat, been wanting to be able to stream my rides live to a channel. I'd go after the worst weather and other crazy stuff.a

will do, I'll take a different route. and more pics. this time i was kind of racing against an ice storm.
I found myself wishing for an in helmet system that would record whatever I said. that way I can simply recite the comments I think while riding.
there's a bunch more I wanted to say, but forget all about when I get somewhere and I got everything else to think about.

I wonder, can I get a phone to respond to voice commands(over bluetooth), to open that app that records speech-to-text?
I know there's bluetooth to control phone calls, gps, radar detectors, other helmets(riders).

also, if I was less in a hurry, I could easily stop to take pictures of all kinds of cool stuff. hey, can I do this for money? tour around and post about it?
i'm not into social media. man, I'd do that in a heartbeat, been wanting to be able to stream my rides live to a channel. I'd go after the worst weather and other crazy stuff.a
Some YouTube channels make good money.

Back