As a gear indicator they're ok. For the retarded timing stuff you can just program it through the ECU. Since yours is a Roadster both have already been addressed. It was more of a thing when there was not much ECU access.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a gear indicator their ok. For the timing retarded stuff you can just program it thru the ecu. Since yours is a Roadster both have already been addressed. It was more of a thing when there was not much ecu access.
Thanks

I use the GiPro as a stand-alone. It does connect through the OBD II connector, so if you use that for something else you'll have to come up with a bridge of some sort.

The gear indicator is the rectangular display surrounded by chrome between the risers.

It is available in different colors -- I chose white - visible in day and night.

Handlebars-sml.jpg

There are two different GiPro. The one with ATRE funcion is NOT OBD connected and as pointed out you can do far more with TuneECU than ATRE does.

If you want the gear display (I did) then the question is HOW BIG you want the numbers.
The version with ATRE has bigger numbers. And fewer colour options.
But nobody says you can't have BIG numbers and just not use the ATRE.

The ATRE version is a bit of a PITA to fit ime. The non-ATRE is just plug and play.

I use the GiPro as a stand-alone. It does connect through the OBD II connector, so if you use that for something else you'll have to come up with a bridge of some sort.

The gear indicator is the rectangular display surrounded by chrome between the risers.

It is available in different colors -- I chose white - visible in day and night.

Handlebars-sml.jpg

Nice looking tach Paul.

Back