GiPro /w Timing Retard Eliminator

Tank

Supercharged
Hey lads;
I'd like to get a GiPro (gear indicator)
Could someone please tell me what the hell a timing retard eliminator is?
They offer two models one with the TRE one without.

Thanks lads.

Hey lads;
I'd like to get a GiPro (gear indicator)
Could someone please tell me what the hell a timing retard eliminator is?
They offer two models one with the TRE one without.

Thanks lads.

I have the GIPro-ATRE and happy with it so far. I bought the blue display and as far as I can tell it does improve the performance in the first 3 gears. Triumph retards/restricts the performance of the touring model in the first 3 gears to make the bike more humble. When you tie the GIPro-ATRE into your gear position sensor it allows you to fool the bikes ECU into thinking you are in 4th or 5th gear where there is no restriction. It works seamlessly, easy to setup and teach it your gear positions, not difficult to install once you figure where to mount it and run the wire, and you have several options about setting the performance. If you are going to tweak your bike with TuneECU, well, I guess you could go with just the gear indicator. I have opted not to do that at this time. If someone tells you the the restrictions have been removed on the later models that is only true on the roadster. I made my own mount and here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 2
I have the GIPro-ATRE and happy with it so far. I bought the blue display and as far as I can tell it does improve the performance in the first 3 gears. Triumph retards/restricts the performance of the touring model in the first 3 gears to make the bike more humble. When you tie the GIPro-ATRE into your gear position sensor it allows you to fool the bikes ECU into thinking you are in 4th or 5th gear where there is no restriction. It works seamlessly, easy to setup and teach it your gear positions, not difficult to install once you figure where to mount it and run the wire, and you have several options about setting the performance. If you are going to tweak your bike with TuneECU, well, I guess you could go with just the gear indicator. I have opted not to do that at this time. If someone tells you the the restrictions have been removed on the later models that is only true on the roadster. I made my own mount and here are a few pictures.

Thanks for your quick reply. How does the TRE effect the tune i loaded. I installed the pwer tripp with a @HansO tweak on my 2014 R3T

I'm basically trying to ascertain if i need to adjust my tune if i install the GiPro wATRE or if it's still plug n play and will play nice with my current setup

Thanks for your quick reply. How does the TRE effect the tune i loaded. I installed the pwer tripp with a @HansO tweak on my 2014 R3T

I'm basically trying to ascertain if i need to adjust my tune if i install the GiPro wATRE or if it's still plug n play and will play nice with my current setup

It shouldn't affect the Tune at all as you can turn off the ATRE function on the GIPro and then it just simply acts as a gear position indicator. I am certain from my reading that PowerTripps Tune along with the HansO tweak removes all the restrictions of the stock Tune. No need for the ATRE function with that setup. Although I have setup TuneECU on my laptop, downloaded various tunes and ordered the cable, I have decided not to make any ECU changes at this point in time over warranty concerns. The bike is fast enough....with that said, i would love to be brave and add more power. It must be a man thing!!!

Last edited:
It shouldn't affect the Tune at all as you can turn off the ATRE function on the GIPro and then it just simply acts as a gear position indicator. I am certain form my reading that PowerTripps Tune along with the HansO tweak removes all the restrictions of the stock Tune. No need for the ATRE function with that setup. Although I have setup TuneECU on my laptop, downloaded various tunes and ordered the cable, I have decided not to make any ECU changes at this point in time over warranty concerns. The bike is fast enough....with that said, i would love to be brave and add more power. It must be a man thing!!!
The tunes remove restrictions by opening the secondaries 100%. They might also advance the timing in the lower gears by copying the ignition tables for gears 4 and 5 into the other two ignition tables for gears 1-3. These changes were done with TuneECU or Tuneboy. If you can't use those programs, you can use the ATRE function to fool the ECU into thinking the bike is always in 4th or 5th.

The tunes remove restrictions by opening the secondaries 100%. They might also advance the timing in the lower gears by copying the ignition tables for gears 4 and 5 into the other two ignition tables for gears 1-3. These changes were done with TuneECU or Tuneboy. If you can't use those programs, you can use the ATRE function to fool the ECU into thinking the bike is always in 4th or 5th.

So then it'll have no performance impact on the bike strictly for gear indication.

I'd love it if @HansO would / could chime in before i make the purchase.

So then it'll have no performance impact on the bike strictly for gear indication.

I forgot to mention that in addition to allowing you to apply the timing tables from the higher gears to the lower gears, the same is true for the secondaries table. However, with your Tripp/Hanso tune, the secondaries are probably set to 100% and the timing tables have already been copied. If the timing tables haven't been copied, you can do it yourself since you are already using TuneECU. So, yes, the GiPro would just tell you what gear you're in. But doesn't the 2014 Roadster ABS already have a gear indicator?

It is my understanding from previous posts I have seen that the Tune out ways anything the GIPro-ATRE would do. The ATRE function removes the restrictions, but does not change the overall horsepower and torque of the bike. The TUNE will change the overall horsepower and torque of the bike. Most people have suggested if you want to unleash the beast you need to reprogram the ECU. Other than gear indication, the GIPro would not affect the performance of the bike. As I said before, the GIPro only makes the bike perform better in the first three gears.

I forgot to mention that in addition to allowing you to apply the timing tables from the higher gears to the lower gears, the same is true for the secondaries table. However, with your Tripp/Hanso tune, the secondaries are probably set to 100% and the timing tables have already been copied. If the timing tables haven't been copied, you can do it yourself since you are already using TuneECU. So, yes, the GiPro would just tell you what gear you're in. But doesn't the 2014 Roadster ABS already have a gear indicator?

According to his posts he has a 2014 touring

Back