It works very much like Willy Wonkas chocolate factory ! :laugh: :laugh:
I have no idea how the UK factory works, but I do have it on good authority, from a dealer who went on a visit/tour, that there were seven bikes at the end of production, that didn't pass inspection...and one of them had the wrong cylinder head attached. :banghead:

So a circlip being in the wrong orientation (if that is indeed what happened to mine?) is Chicken Feed.

Very easy way to solve this problem----fire all the bastards who worked for or knew someone who worked for British Leyland then all will be well

Well...it's been a busy Summer, lots of Festivals
I went into Triumph and explained the, intermittent, problem I was having changing from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th.
It's just back from (yet another fracking puncture...I've now had four rear tyres, in a year and a half...and I've only been able to wear one of those from new, to worn out. The other three have been nail/screw/pop rivot spline ) having the Detent Spring replaced (although, allegedly, it was replaced on the gearbox rebuild).
Took it out to scrub the tyre in. Ended up being a 400 mile ride, which was GREAT!

However, towards the end of the journey, I experienced not being able to change from 2nd to 3rd.

Metal hitting metal! Pulled the clutch in, changed down a gear, which was back into 2nd. Changed up into 3rd...all good.

Over 10,000 miles from new and I didn't ever have this problem...only since having the gearbox refurbished. Is it the gearbox? Clutch?

Any help, would be gratefully received, as the Warranty runs out soon

Ride Safe!
:eek: four tyres ? That's sickening . Were 3 of them punctures ?
Sorry to hear bout the problems , is the clutch adjusted correctly and what oil are you using ?

Back