Galfer rotors, anyone?

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Wonder if anyone has fitted them, and noticed a significant improvement?

Wonder if anyone has fitted them, and noticed a significant improvement?

which one stainles steel or basic iron? if stainless stell there would be not much diff, I am saving money for a set of BHERINGER rotors and calipers

Are they really that much better at stopping you .. or is it just that they look flash ? Just wondering about the Galfer disks. Led to believe the calipers are a step up from Brembo.

The Galfer Wave, they are stainless steel, but I'm really looking for an opinion from someone who's used them.

I have them with a set of the Pretech 6 pot calipers.

This combination stops much better than stock,
but I suspect the 6 piston calipers get most of the credit.

The calipers were ~600+ USD and the rotors ~500+ USD.
For best bang-for-buck, I'd get the calipers first, or only the calipers.

(on edit: Those prices were about 2-3 years ago, calipers were maybe more;-)

The Galfer Wave, they are stainless steel, but I'm really looking for an opinion from someone who's used them.

the coefficient of friction between pots and rotors is what really matters and according to most racers since they use front brakes a lot more than street riders the stainless steel rotor regardless of shape (wave, lunar, or serrated) are less efficient than old iron regardless of pad materials . iron rotor rust ! stainless steel does not .hence the dislike for iron
naturally ceramic and carbon are even more potent but cost is kind of extravagant.
hombre has used the Bheringer iron brakes and pads he is certainly an expert in this department and could give an experienced opinion.

Thanks, albertaduke, I did check out the Bheringer site,looks like some pretty high tech stuff,and read some of their info, and bookmarked them. Not sure if I could decipher what to order, and if a conversation would go well, LOL. Well, I'm working on the Pretech calipers, not sure if they are going to fit a touring, and the Galfers do look pretty cool...

Thanks, JRock, too.

One of the guys I supplied Pretech 6pots too had used Beringer stuff, he said it was overpriced, faded & he would never use them again. He has had the Pretechs for a few years now & is still happy

Thanks, albertaduke, I did check out the Bheringer site,looks like some pretty high tech stuff,and read some of their info, and bookmarked them. Not sure if I could decipher what to order, and if a conversation would go well, LOL. Well, I'm working on the Pretech calipers, not sure if they are going to fit a touring, and the Galfers do look pretty cool...

Thanks, JRock, too.

hey if you were to change your mind and wish to speak to the head man in france let me know I can french french as the locals there , but their stuff is expensive

I ride all winter, on salty roads, when possible, so iron rotors probably wouldn't be good for me.

Back