Front fork extensions

CCjon

All who wander... seeking fresh cup of coffee
Ride
2011 R3 sidecamper, GSA/EZS rig
Has anyone installed fork extensions on their Rocket? Maybe doing a trike conversion?
How long where the extensions and where did you buy them?

How difficult was the install?

Did you have to buy longer throttle and choke cables or brake hoses?

Thanks for any feedback.

Has anyone installed fork extensions on their Rocket? Maybe doing a trike conversion?
How long where the extensions and where did you buy them?

How difficult was the install?

Did you have to buy longer throttle and choke cables or brake hoses?

Thanks for any feedback.
Didn't change forks on a rocket but did on Kawasaki several years ago, regretted doing that, changed handling completely, I thought for the worse.

When changing the forks for a trike or sidecar one changes the trail and not the rake or extension.

Extended forks look kind of cool for choppers and such but to me the handling stinks. I recall the first bike I rode with extended forks was a 650 BSA in the 60s. I couldn't wait to get off the thing.

When changing the forks for a trike or sidecar one changes the trail and not the rake or extension.

This is for a sidecar rig. Since I raised the rear, now need to raise the front to level the bike once more. Extensions can do that.. and change the rake too.

You must have been the kid in the article that I just read about a long time Hell's Angel member. Back when he was a kid, one of the members extended the front forks on his banana bike and he thought it really added the cool factor to it. He joined the Angels years later.
Bet he got some wicked speed wobbles ?

This is for a sidecar rig. Since I raised the rear, now need to raise the front to level the bike once more. Extensions can do that.. and change the rake too.
Trouble with fork extensions is an inherent weakness at the join , unless you use longer stansions? but still not suitable for the extra weight ! Best to use a cantilever fork conversion , not cheap but the best set up for an outfit !

Back