Front brake upgrade

Zofunny

.020 Over
Any experience out there upgrading brakes Trirocket3 has recommended the pretech 6 pot calipers. They look good. Do they require a new master cylinder?
Thanks

no they use the same master cylinder but might need a new mount which he has the connections to get made. Send him a PM and he will fill you in on the information. Be ready to spend some cash though. Have you ever changed the fluid in yours? I also find that if they are getting worn the seem a little spungy and once you change them they are back up to par. It might be because so much fluid has left the Master Cylinder as the pads wear out. Flip Miester sells the pads and is quick about the shipping.

beside the obvious brembo upgrade , I believe the beringer kit including the ferrous rotors
is at the top of the food chain as brakes goes . I got to try them on a busa wow!!

they are used and acclaimed by big name racers and they look fabulous as well not cheap of course. they are on my wish list of goodies beside BST wheels.
what most riders think is of course first to improve pads material but rotor upgrade is a better long term solution , stainless steel rotor are not a good material for rotors and chromed one even worse
specialty cast iron rust but is a superior material for rotors at a relatively low cost compared to say the new carbon rotors for example. the R3 needs the best brake available considering the huge power on tap. I believe a full kit would run $3500 to $ 4000 made in france by the way' aeronal rotors with available master cylinder

http://beringer-brakes.com/cat/caten.pdf

I've only good things to say about the Beringer + BST combination. Phenomenal braking power with lightweight Aeronal rotors. Truthfully, the R3 is a different bike altogether with the BST rims (and lighter tires) alone.

There's no way I would race my bike without better front brakes than stock. You best be REALLY SERIOUS about your Rocket's handling however... pricey stuff.

Better brake stuff 4 Roadsters?

:confused:Further to all this - does anyone know if either better calipers and/or pads would work on an R3 Roadster(with ABS of course)? And if so, Brembo calipers? with stock rotors? Any ops or recs? Cheers.

I've only good things to say about the Beringer + BST combination. Phenomenal braking power with lightweight Aeronal rotors. Truthfully, the R3 is a different bike altogether with the BST rims (and lighter tires) alone.

There's no way I would race my bike without better front brakes than stock. You best be REALLY SERIOUS about your Rocket's handling however... pricey stuff.

I have the Pretech 6Pots, Galfer rotors and dual brake lines.
The pretechs are much stronger than the stock calipers.
The stock master cylinder works fine with this setup.
Galfers were $550 the pair,
Pretechs ~$700
(don't quote me, the price floats with the exchange rate)

there you have it from HOMBRE and he knows his stuff...no questions.
I wish I could spend the cash for these upgrades but it is only a dream right now

Hombre
what tires brand have you mounted on the BST wheels

Back