front brake rotors

rmdrake

.060 Over
Yesterday i got home from a ride and pulling the bike into the garage i heard a rattling when i applied the front brakes, well i couldnt figure out what it was. this moning while i was at work i noticecd (ill call them rivits)a rivit was loose .if someone could tell me how to post a pic i could give you a better understanding of what im talking about. it seems to be holding the front rotor to the wheel. looks to me that there is a bevel washer missing from the backside

Go to and get an account (free). Upload your pics and when you want to post a pic click on the "URL" block below the photo. It will flash a Yahoo "copied" balloon, then paste it into (control V or right click paste) into your post and it will appear. Hit the preview button to see if it shows, then you're done. Happy Trails

hi drake i replaced the rotors on my old zzr1100 ,quite a simple process, if a retaining rivet is awol the dealer should be able to sort it for you , cost is minimal, it will have to be removed from the wheel though , do remember that the rotors are floating and always have abit of movement in them , hope im not teaching you to suck eggs :oops: 8) 8)

hi drake i replaced the rotors on my old zzr1100 ,quite a simple process, if a retaining rivet is awol the dealer should be able to sort it for you , cost is minimal, it will have to be removed from the wheel though , do remember that the rotors are floating and always have abit of movement in them , hope im not teaching you to suck eggs :oops: 8) 8)
just bought the bike in january should be warrenty work, yes all the rivits move a little but this rivit moves alot, like i said in my first post looks like there could be a washer missing from the backside.

Back