From the land of potatos!

Alister

.060 Over
I just took delivery of my '07 R3 Classic Tourer three days ago, and I believe I'm the first in Mountain Home, Idaho to have one.

Which isn't really saying much... the town's less than twelve thousand souls... but still.

How I wound up getting the bike: I went to Big Twin Cycles in Boise to look at a couple of Moto Guzzis over a year ago, and just happened to see a pair of R3s on the showroom floor; one black, one red. It was love at first sight. Then, I learned what it could do!

After eighteen long months, hours spend reading about it and watching videos when I could find them (all during a nine-month long deployment), and paying off prior debts, the Phantom Black and Cardinal Red beauty is mine!

Welcome

Glad you've joined us Alister. You've got some beautiful country up there. I spent the better part of a year traveling through Boise, Moscow, Twin Falls, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and more.

Keep us posted on what you do with the beast and a few pictures would be in order after you're done.

Alister - my brother was also a wing nut, briefly, at Mt. Home. He's been in Caldwell for some 25 years since. If I recall they do a lot of beets in your neck of the woods as well?? Could be the next bio-fuel alternative??? They sure give me gas :)

Oh yeah, you got the slower of red/black tourers. The Cardinal Red and Heretic Black :) is much faster.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, don't worry you won't be the slowest Rocket around, yours does at least have black on it. Only way it would be faster is all black.:bch:

Glad you've joined us Alister. You've got some beautiful country up there. I spent the better part of a year traveling through Boise, Moscow, Twin Falls, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and more.

Keep us posted on what you do with the beast and a few pictures would be in order after you're done.

Absolutely! Just charged my camera and removed all the old images. Going out with some friends for a ride to the Anderson Dam area today. Right in the foothills, so it should make for some beautiful backdrops.

Alister - my brother was also a wing nut, briefly, at Mt. Home. He's been in Caldwell for some 25 years since. If I recall they do a lot of beets in your neck of the woods as well?? Could be the next bio-fuel alternative??? They sure give me gas :)

Oh yeah, you got the slower of red/black tourers. The Cardinal Red and Heretic Black :) is much faster.

*laughs* Don't know about the beets, but we do have Simplot and a good deal of beef and dairy cattle. And a whole lotta nothing.

Welcome aboard, don't worry you won't be the slowest Rocket around, yours does at least have black on it. Only way it would be faster is all black.:bch:

Um... the panniers are black. Surely that counts for something?

Back